Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- Former WWE Superstar Jake "The Snake" Roberts wrote a message to Bray Wyatt on Twitter praising his efforts (which WWE re-tweeted).

"Love what you are doing," Roberts stated on Monday. "Reminds of someone else I know. Keep it up."

Zitat

- Former WWE Superstar D'Lo Brown turns 43-years-old on Tuesday. Today would have also marked as the 70th birthday of Bad News Brown—he passed away on March 6, 2007 as a result of a heart attack.

Zitat

- Former WCW wrestler Charlie Norris turned 48-years-old on Monday.

Zitat

- As noted earlier, former WCW & TNA star Konnan appeared on MLW Radio and revealed that AJ Lee is dating CM Punk. He also spoke about WWE creative head Michael Hayes having heat in the locker room:

"I was a huge Michael Hayes fan, Freebirds fan, when I was growing up, when I used to watch him in Atlanta," Konnan said. "Every time I've seen Michael, he's always been very cool with me backstage. But having said that, I will say this, he does have a ton of heat with people. I do know a couple people that told me that if they got fired they would kick his ass before they left the company. And I just found out today that he did get mega heat I guess for having drinks with Rosa [Mendes]. So much so, that he might be replaced. Boom."

Zitat

- Bray Wyatt, who has not competed since suffering a calf injury on Oct. 12 at a WWE live event in Providence, Rhode Island, is said to be "ready to go" by people in the sports-entertainment organization, Dave Meltzer revealed on F4WOnline.com on Monday. No additional details were disclosed.

According to the website, Wyatt was initially pegged to be sidelined from in-ring competition for four weeks. He was off crutches and walking around ringside at events in Mexico last week.

Zitat

- Following his departure from WWE in August, Ted DiBiase, Jr. revealed in an interview with Bill Apter that "the door's not closed forever" in regards to a return to the company. The third-generation wrestler also talks family and shows his appreciation for the fans in this video interview:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- WWE has announced that Goldust will face Seth Rollins on this week's episode of Main Event.

Zitat

- WWE has announced that The Miz will bring MizTV back to SmackDown this week. His guest will be Randy Orton.

Zitat

- WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose recently spoke with MountainEagle.com to promote this week's SmackDown tapings in Birmingham. He talked about how The Shield has dominated WWE for the past year:

"We go out there and try to outwork everyone else. We do what we have to do every night. If I have to defend my U.S. Title, wrestle in a six-man tag match and then go out for another match that’s not televised, that’s what I do. That’s how The Shield competes. We get the job done."

Zitat

- The segment on last night's RAW where Big Show drove the big rig around backstage was pre-taped. The truck was already parked behind the curtain ready to be driven out when the footage aired.

• Zitat

- Chris Jericho, who will also be celebrating a birthday that day, has been announced for The Big Event on November 9th in Flushing, New York. Many other names will be appearing including Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Sid, Bruno Sammartino, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Joey Styles, Sunny, Matt Hardy, Maryse, Matt Striker and lots more.

Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler tweeted his former bodyguard Big E Langston and commented on his new push:

"congrats @BigELangston in 1 week uve become a major player if u love something, set it free BRB off to my dungeon to untie someone"

Zitat

- Ricardo Rodriguez says he's going to the WWE Performance Center to learn how to wrestle. He tweeted on Monday:

"So I hear there is this Performance Center down in Orlando.... I think I'm going to start going there and learn how to wrestle."

Zitat

- WWE's website has a new Q&A up with Shawn Michaels, talking about his former student Daniel Bryan. Shawn was asked what his long-term projection is for Daniel Bryan in WWE. He replied:

"I believe he’s going to be a player in WWE for a long, long time, and that’s when greatness is established — over time. It’s not in one day. Greatness is something that stands the test of time, and I think that’s what he should focus on."

Zitat

- MVP was asked by a fan on Twitter why he left WWE. He replied:

"Because I enjoy being a pro wrestler"

Zitat

- Titus O'Neil noted on Twitter that he and Darren Young were not on last night's RAW because they were conducting interviews for a new co-host on the WWE App.
    "If y'all were wondering Where the #primetimeplayers were during wwe #Raw tonight @Darrenyoungwwe and I were conducting interviews for some new Co-Host for OUR wwe APP!! @AksanaWWE you did well. We'll Holla atcha!! Over 8Million Downloads&Counting...#millionsofdollars"

Zitat

- The originally scheduled main event for Monday's Raw in Memphis, Tennessee was to have featured WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Shield in a Handicap Match. Vince McMahon, however, changed creative plans over the course of the day, as a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship was instead announced for this Sunday at Hell in a Cell (Cody Rhodes and Goldust will defend their belts against The Shield and the Uso brothers) and United States Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Daniel Bryan was added to the show at the last minute.

Speaking of Ambrose, he appeared to have tweaked his knee after being tossed out of the ring during his show-opening match against Bryan. He was limping slightly backstage following the match, but it is not considered serious.

Zitat

- In a tag team match pitting Hell in a Cell opponents, CM Punk and Big E Langston defeated Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel and Ryback on Raw. Following the bout, there was a lot of talk backstage of Punk appearing hurt.

Zitat

- While Xavier Woods was backstage at Raw, there were no plans for him to appear on the broadcast.

Zitat

- Tonight's WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings take place from the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, Alabama. Confirmed for the Main Event tapings is Seth Rollins vs. Goldust and confirmed for SmackDown is MizTV with The Miz and Randy Orton. Remember to join us for live spoilers tonight.

Zitat

- WWE aired a video on their app last night of Shawn Michaels and Hornswoggle playing the new WWE 2K14 video game. Hornswoggle got the win and left HBK in tears.

Zitat

- Josh Mathews spoke with Big E Langston on the WWE App during last night's RAW. Big E talked about how he will take the Intercontinental Title from Curtis Axel at Hell In a Cell.

Zitat

- Speaking of Mathews, he had his arm in a sling on last night's RAW to sell the cross armbreaker from Alberto Del Rio on last Friday's SmackDown.

Zitat

- The first WWE RAW of 2014 will take place on January 6th from the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. The pre-sale begins on Halloween.

Zitat

- Big Show's "rogue" appearances on last night's RAW are likely going to be a part of Vince McMahon's return to the storylines. Vince is expected to return before the Survivor Series pay-per-view. On a related note, RAW General Manager Brad Maddox may be kept off TV for another week or two to sell the knockout punch from Big Show that he took on SmackDown.

Zitat

- Former WWE Superstar Rikishi tweeted this old photo of The Usos and Roman Reigns:

Snap myrtle grove eagles .. throwback of jimmy Joey & roman reigns .. Athlete's from the start

[Blockierte Grafik: http://distilleryimage11.ak.instagram.com/93edc1d03abd11e386c022000aeb0c11_7.jpg]

Zitat

- In addition to Xavier Woods, fellow WWE NXT wrestler Tyler Breeze was backstage at Monday's Raw in Memphis, Tennessee. He competed on WWE live events over the weekend in matches against Justin Gabriel.

Zitat

- Monday on Raw, The Wyatt Family continued their dominance in WWE as Luke Harper and Erick Rowan defeated Kofi Kingston and The Miz in a tag team match. Harper was the star of the bout as he scored the pinfall victory over Kingston following a discus clothesline. Backstage reaction to the former Brodie Lee's performance was met with positive reviews as many of his co-workers were praising his efforts.

Zitat

- As seen at the conclusion of Raw, Triple H took hold of the mic and ran Daniel Bryan down yet again in typical fashion, as he proclaimed that the 5'8" grappler is not worthy of being "The Face of WWE." The Chief Operating Officer's remarks had a lot of people shaking their heads backstage since they feel he was burying him as a performer rather than knocking him in a villainous manner that would lead to Bryan gaining retribution.

Zitat

- WWE NXT star Tyler Breeze, who competed on WWE live events over the weekend in matches against Justin Gabriel, receiving positive reviews for his performance. His co-workers were especially impressed with his heel mannerisms.

• Zitat

- As seen on last night's RAW, Triple H cut a promo at Daniel Bryan and grouped him with Edge, Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho as talented stars who made it but were never "the guy" for WWE.

Earlier we posted Chris Jericho's response and now WWE Hall of Famer Edge has replied. He wrote on Twitter:

"I think everyone forgets it's entertainment. Santa isn't real either. Or the Easter Bunny(I think, rabbits are sneaky) @GioPontiFan @TripleH"

Zitat

- Dusty Rhodes hyped Goldust's match against Seth Rollins on WWE Main Event, writing on Twitter:

" wwe goldust ve Seth M E don't miss it also Cody u watch out for HHH and his mate over all rise above!"

Zitat

- Chris Jericho hyped his new web series Tuesday afternoon, writing on Twitter:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

"My new web series "But I'm Chris Jericho" launches next Tues, Oct 29! For a sneak peak go to & @butimcjericho #BICJ"

• Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here is the intro for WWE's Money In the Bank Anthology that comes out next Tuesday:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- WWE NXT trainer and UK wrestling legend Robbie Brookside is now on Twitter at @RobbyBrookside.

Zitat

- Former TNA Knockout and WWE Diva Mickie James spoke with Temple-News.com about her music career and says her last appearance with TNA won't be the last time we see her on TV in a wrestling ring. She said:

"It’s certainly not the last time you’ll see me on television in a wrestling ring. I’m far from done. When I retire, I want to retire the right way. That’s what we all hope for, right?"

Zitat

- WWE will return to Birmingham, Alabama on April 14th for a RAW taping.

Zitat

- Fans who buy the WWE 2K14 video game at Best Buy's midnight release on October 29th will get a free copy of The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Blu-ray.

Zitat

- Triple H recently sold some of his WWE stocks. He sold 703 shares of Class A common WWE stock at a price of $11.53 per share for around $8,105. Triple H still owns 50,764 shares of Class A common WWE stock.

Zitat

- WWE Tag Team Champions Goldust and Cody Rhodes have a new theme song:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Ricardo Rodriguez noted that he will be at the WWE Performance Center to "learn how to wrestle" today. This could be a lead into Ricardo returning to WWE TV as an active competitor. Obviously Ricardo knows how to wrestle already.

Zitat

- After Chris Jericho seemed bothered by Triple H's RAW comments on Tuesday morning, he tweeted late last night and says it's no big deal. A fan wrote that what Triple H said about Jericho was completely untrue and unfair. Jericho replied:

"No big deal. Always nice to be mentioned on Raw."

• Zitat

- Ricardo Rodriguez continues to tweet about learning how to wrestle at the WWE Performance Center. He wrote this afternoon:

"Just left the @wwenxt Performance Center... 1st day and I'm definitely going to feel it tomorrow when I wake up"

Zitat

- WWE's latest "Where Are They Now?" feature looks at MMA legend and former WWE star Ken Shamrock. While Shamrock didn't mention a potential WWE return, he talked about wanting to open a group home for boys and girls. He also revealed he has a new sports energy drink coming out with no sugar called Shamrock Slam.

Zitat

- Forbes recently spoke to Lex Luger about a number of different topics. Here's what he had to say about WWE now:

"The WWE ended up winning the war, the Monday-night wrestling wars, and took over both companies. So now it’s all one, great, big conglomerate, internationally, ginormous wrestling entertainment industry now. There’s really no close competitors."

"I knew that the WWE wanted to rule wrestling and especially and I wasn’t surprised when Vince McMahon took the opportunity to unite both companies. They jumped at the opportunity. I wasn’t surprised at all. I knew at the time , when I finished my career at WCW, when the merger happened and I had known that the powers at Time Warner had wrestling on their television but were looking to move into other types genres. At the time, that was what they wanted to do. I felt it coming as well. I I wasn’t shocked or surprised."

• Zitat

- Promoting his much anticipated return to the squared circle this Sunday at WWE Hell in a Cell against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio, John Cena gave a shout out to Miami Heat star player LeBron James on Twitter.

"This Sunday @KingJames i choose to take my talents to South Beach. @SportsCenter wwe Universe time to win a championship. #evenstronger #WRS," wrote Cena.

Zitat

- Tonight on WWE Main Event on ION Television, WWE Tag Team Champion Goldust will do battle with Seth Rollins. Promoting the match on Twitter, Rollins wrote, "First time ever, 1-on-1 with Goldust on wwe #MainEvent tonight! He's the best he's ever been, but I'm already better than he'll ever be."

Zitat

- Cody Rhodes gave props to his brother Goldust's performance at last night's WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings in Birmingham:

"Somebody give me an example from another sport of a career SURGE like @DUSTIN_RHODES1 is showcasing, he was in-ring 40mins total yesterday.."

Goldust worked a Main Event match against Seth Rollins and then participated in an eight-man match for the SmackDown tapings.

Zitat

- Vivendi Entertainment has released the first trailer for the upcoming History of WWE DVD and Blu-ray:

"For one half-century, WWE has carved a permanent niche in Americana. What started in 1963 as a regional promotion is now a global entertainment phenomenon that captivates fans in over 150 countries and 30 different languages. Today, WWE is proud to commemorate its golden anniversary. With this never-before-seen documentary, trace the journey from smoke-filled arenas to sold-out stadiums with the legendary Superstars and Legends who blazed the trail. The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment delivers all the indelible performers, from Bruno Sammartino to Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, John Cena, and countless others."

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- While watching this week's episode of Raw, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley stated on Twitter that he missed seeing Kurt Angle inside the WWE ring—Angle appeared in a John Cena retrospective. Today, Foley published a blog on his Facebook page clamoring for the return of the Olympic Gold medalist to WWE.

"[Angle] was on the video for less than 20 seconds, but that was all it took to remind every long-time fan of what a huge part of WWE Kurt was," wrote Foley. "I know he's had an amazing career since leaving WWE, but if my own departure from WWE proved one thing, it's that a good percentage of the WWE Universe only wants to see their WWE Superstars inside WWE. That's not a knock on TNA. But while many enjoy Kurt on a regular basis on Thursdays, I just know a Kurt Angle return to WWE - whether it's a one-time match, an extended run, or a very worthy induction into the WWE Hall of Fame - will be huge! I miss Kurt Angle in WWE...and, based and so do you."

Zitat

- According to F4WOnline.com, Vince McMahon is being advertised in the Orlando, Florida area to appear on this Monday's episode of Raw at the Amway Center. The venue's official website, however, is advertising "the McMahon's" for the show. WWE has yet to make an official announcement.

• Zitat

- Tonight's WWE NXT tapings from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida will feature a special appearance by Big Show. The NXT Twitter account has been teasing something between Big Show and Xavier Woods, who has been sharing a petition to bring Show back to WWE.

Zitat

- WWE will air the latest Triple H and Michael Cole sit-down interview on Friday's SmackDown.

Zitat

- Zack Ryder and Renee Young will be doing a Google Hangout on Halloween.

Zitat

- As noted, WWE will be taping Mick Foley's November 17th comedy show in Smithtown, NY. Right now WWE is looking to get the special aired on TV somewhere. Netflix or a DVD release are secondary ideas if they can't get it televised.

Zitat

- John Cena continues to tweet and hype his return at Hell In a Cell on Sunday:

"Just 2 b clear to the @WWEUniverse #WRS is 4 those #downsincedayone #cenation if u not with us, then it's time 2 hate us again. We Run Sh$$"

Zitat

- A major UFC name was expected to be in contact with WWE this week about working for the company in 2014. It's not Chael Sonnen, who has expressed interest in doing broadcast work for WWE once his MMA career is over.

Zitat

- Former WWE star Sho Funaki was at a recent New Japan Pro Wrestling show trying to get NJPW officials to check out his wrestling school in Texas so they can create a working relationship.

Zitat

- Rey Mysterio was backstage at this week's RAW in Memphis but obviously not used. He was still scheduled to return on the show as late as Monday afternoon. The idea was that since he won't be wrestling for a few more weeks, they decided against putting him on TV for an interview.

Zitat

- Yoshi Tatsu recently asked WWE officials if he could move from Florida to Texas because he had found a Japanese community that he wanted to live in. The WWE office, and this was blamed on Triple H, told Tatsu that he had to stay in Florida and needed to be at Performance Center practice every day to become a better worker. It was noted that most wrestlers regard Tatsu as one of the WWE’s better technical workers and the idea that him doing drills taking hip tosses after going through New Japan training and being 36 years old was a talking point with a lot of guys.

Zitat

- During The Usos vs. The Shield match on Monday's RAW when JBL was going off on Cody Rhodes during commentary, that was Vince McMahon feeding him lines. Vince tells Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole things to say at times but when he has a major point he wants to make, Vince usually uses JBL as his voice.

Vince was very frustrated with Cody, who was told to be aggressive and take charge on commentary. The feeling was Cody was just giving typical babyface responses to the questions. Another source said Vince wasn't mad at all but he did push JBL to go after Cody for his commentary.

Zitat

- WWE has been quietly purchasing items for a physical Hall of Fame. They were recently in negotiations with Charlie Thesz, the widow of wrestling legend Lou Thesz, over a number of his one-of-a-kind items. If the deals went through, WWE would likely induct Thesz into the Hall of Fame.

Zitat

- Former ECW Champion Justin Credible has published a new column at PWMania.com. Credible talks about about Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Monday's WWE Raw including an incident which occurred with Matt Striker at an indy event, among other topics. This week Justin Credible talks about promotion on is Pro Wrestling 101 video series. Here is an excerpt from his article:

"The show started like all of the recent Raw episodes with HHH & Stephanie coming to ringside for their usual stuff. HHH made a point to say he trust HBK, and that he respects HBK more than anyone else in the WWE. Show than pops up on the Tron, and talks about suing HHH for the millions he is still owed on his contract. I would love to know how Show did that, being that he’s fired, but at least it was acknowledged by Stephanie. Long story short it led to a match between Daniel Bryan vs Dean Ambrose. Very good stuff in this match. These 2 men brought their A game. I especially liked that it went much longer than the usual Raw TV matches. Bryan is really doing a great job reminding all of us that he’s one of the best around, and that he belongs in that main event spot.

"I want to change gears a bit, and talk about an incident that occurred Saturday at NYWC with Matt Striker. The reason I’m bringing it up is simply because I don’t want it to be misrepresented in the media. During an after match attack by Striker, he slammed me in the face with a chair. I got busted open bad. When we got back stage he was being his smart mouthed self. Words were exchanged, and it got broken up. All I can say to Matt Striker is, “did you forget that you have to get in the ring with me again next month”. Case closed. I think that says it all."

Zitat

- On this week's edition of MLW Radio (listen here), Konnan revealed that some people in WWE feel CM Punk has a "big head." He is not the only talent perceived in that regard by co-workers as the former WCW competitor said a Total Divas star carries that reputation as well.

Having trouble remembering her name, Konnan states, "The other one that has a big head was...who I always used to bury and now I'm glad I did is uh...the one that was...I forgot her f****** name. The one that was dating...Ariane. Remember Ariane, from the Divas?"

He did not add further details, but indicated that unlike Daniel Bryan, Cameron, who appears under her real name, Ariane, on the E! scripted reality show, has let fame get the best of her.

Zitat

- The official WWE website has issued a poll asking fans whether it is too soon for John Cena to return to action. With over 40,000 votes cast, 45% say "No. Cena has overcome injuries before. He knows his body and when he's ready to return." 36% say "yes" and 20% say "not sure."

• Zitat

- Celebrating birthdays Friday are former WWE, WCW and ECW competitors Perry Saturn and 2 Cold Scorpio. Saturn turns 47 while the former Flash Funk turns 48. On Thursday, Bill Dundee turned 70-years-old while Dale Torborg, who appeared as The Demon in WCW, turned 42.

Zitat

- As noted earlier, Vince McMahon is being advertised locally to appear at this Monday's RAW from the Amway Center in Orlando. The arena's website is advertising an appearance from "the McMahons" while the WWE.com event page for the show has Vince McMahon listed. It should be noted that while Vince appears on the event page for the show, he has also appeared on the event page for almost every RAW following the SummerSlam pay-per-view, including last week and the week before.

• Zitat

- TNA will be facing some stiff competition when Impact tapings return to Orlando on November 21st as WWE's next set of NXT tapings will take place on the same night from Full Sail University, which is just a 15 minute drive from downtown Orlando.

Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here is the cover for WWE's Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2013, which hits stores on December 31st:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1385887_741701762510258_806417058_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page makes a special appearance on episode 2 of Jake "The Snake" Roberts' Snake Radio:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Ricardo Rodriguez continues to tweet about learning how to wrestle at the WWE Performance Center:

"Omg! I did a what they call a head lock take over! Pumped! Moonsault next Peez oh peez"

Zitat

- The Usos, Justin Gabriel and Naomi were in attendance for the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game last night to promote the October 29th SmackDown tapings. Here is a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/1383055_741703275843440_1832631003_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Rosa Mendes was born on this day in 1979 as she turns 34-years-old.

• Zitat

- Executives from Mattel were at the WWE Performance Center on Friday for a private look at some of the WWE developmental talents in action. "Road Dogg" BG James tweeted:

"What a day at NXT w/ Mattel execs and Superstars of the future! Put your shades on guys, yea, it's that bright! #DOGGLB #OUDK"

Zitat

- Big Show recently spoke with Brian Fritz of Between The Ropes and discussed John Cena returning early from surgery:

"Surprised but not surprised. I knew John was going to come back early. I didn't know he would come back this early. I've known him for a long time. Since day one when he walked in the door his work ethic and the bar that he sets is a lot higher than everyone else. We'll fly 16, 18 hours to Australia to the Middle East, Abu Dhabi or something like that. After an 18 hour plane right, the only thing I was to do really is get something to eat, have a nice shower and go to bed. John hits, right away he goes to the gym. No matter how little sleep he's had, he goes to the gym everyday. He has that work ethic. His drive and his commitment, the things he does for the community and outside things we do for this company like Susan G. Komen and Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics and all the things John does. The guy constantly goes. I think one time someone told him he was like 77 or 78 days in a row without a day off. Like he did something every single day. Most of us go bat nuts crazy after 15, 16 days in a row. We all need to be cooled off and sent home so we can keep our mental faculties. He's just got that drive and work ethic so I knew he would be back."

• Zitat

- WWE issued the following on Friday:

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced that its Board of Directors today declared the Company’s regular quarterly dividend of $0.12 per share for all Class A and B shares of common stock. The record date for the dividend will be December 13, 2013, and the payment date will be December 26, 2013.

Zitat

- Antonio Cesaro says The Real Americans are ready for Los Matadores on Sunday. He tweeted:

"Myself and @realjackswagger will make an example out of the Matadores come Sunday #HellInACell #SmackDown @wwe"

Zitat

- Damien Sandow is teasing cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase at Hell In a Cell on Sunday. He tweeted:

"This Sunday. Del Rio vs a returning Cena... interesting. #HellInACell"

Zitat

- The new issue of Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine has a story about WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels inside.

Zitat

- As noted, every Money In the Bank cash-in segment will be featured as Blu-ray exclusives on the upcoming WWE Money In the Bank anthology set. WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that Randy Orton's cash-in on Daniel Bryan is not included.

Zitat

- Everyone is looking forward to Antonio Cesaro hitting a Cesaro Swing on El Torito at Sunday's WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view. Zeb Colter tweeted the following:

"IF @AntonioCesaro BIG SWINGS @WWEElTorito, THE LITTLE GUY WILL END UP 6'4. @WWEElTorito WILL REMEMBER #hellinacell...for a long time. @WWE"

Zitat

- Packages are now available for The Honky Tonk Man's 2014 farewell tour. He is taking bookings now through steve@honkytonkman.net. Package 1 is $1500 and the promoter provides and keeps all photo op sales. Package 2 is $1000 and HTM provides and keeps all photo sales. Airfare and hotel accommodations are not included in the price.

Zitat

- MVP noted on Twitter that he figures he will show up in either WWE or TNA "before long." MVP, who turns 40 years old next week, posted the following and thanked Vince McMahon:

"So "40" is now days away. If I make it, I'll spend the day contemplating my journey. I had lots of friends that didn't make it this far. 40. Single. Home owner. Tax payer. Semi law abiding citizen (we all speed). I'm in a great place in life. Im healthy & happy. Life is great. I'm on a VERY short list of professional wrestlers who have had the HONOR of working on Wrestle Kingdom AND Wrestlemania! MVP has changed my life in SO many positive ways. Thanks Vince. And thank ALL of YOU for allowing MVP to exist in YOUR entertainment world!"

Zitat

- Several WWE Superstars have been congratulating Kofi Kingston on the grand opening of Chi Yoga in Tampa, Florida. Apparently Kofi is one of the owners of the business. Classes are free this weekend for their grand opening. Chi Yoga is located at 3845 Northdale Blvd. in Tampa.

Zitat

- WWE's website currently has a poll asking fans which simulated WWE 2K14 dream match they want to see played on Monday's RAW. The options are: Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock, Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena, Ric Flair vs. Daniel Bryan or Goldberg vs. The Undertaker.

Zitat

- CM Skunk was trending worldwide on Twitter last night during SmackDown, at times above Bad Grandpa and other popular topics. CM Skunk was introduced as CM Punk's cousin and lost to Paul Heyman and Ryback.

Zitat

- We've been covering how Vickie Guerrero plans to go back to college and get a degree in medical administration. She had orientation this weekend and will be starting classes on Monday. She tweeted:

"School orientation went amazing today and I am ready for classes to start Monday! I am ready to conquer my first essay!"

Zitat

- It’s said that many of the more experienced talents in WWE developmental are unhappy with some feeling they aren’t learning anything and are just doing the same drills day after day, week after week.

The complaints have gotten loud enough that Triple H has decided to pay a little more attention to what’s going on.

A lot of the complaints reportedly deal directly with NXT head trainer Bill DeMott but complaints against him are said to be fairly common. A source adds that no talent really wants to step up and complain directly to Triple H but he heard through the grapevine that morale was low enough that he needed to see what was going on.

• Zitat

- The latest issue of WWE Magazine features an interview with Zack Ryder, who is asked whether he feels he receives credit for launching WWE's "social-media revolution."

"The members of the WWE Universe give me credit and always have. They know the deal. That I worked so hard to get myself where I was and didn't give up. If other people are in denial, that's fine with this Internet champion" said Ryder.

Ryder, who is now 28-years-old, also reveals that he is looking for a change of scenery. In response to what he definitely wants to do before he turns 30: "Buy a house. I need a big boy home because the college dorm/bachelor pad that I'm in now isn't doing it for me anymore. And not to be predictable, but it will definitely be in Long Island."

Zitat

- Jim Ross tweeted the following on Friday morning, which was also re-tweeted by Steve Austin:

"Scripted wrestling promos that are poorly delivered are embarrassing & encourage channel changing. Reinventing wheel=ego driven stupidity."

Zitat

- For what it's worth, WWE's official Arabian website at arabia.wwe.com mentions internet reports of Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker being on the books for WrestleMania XXX.

Zitat

- Florida independent wrestlers Chris Rothwell and Johnny Vandal worked last Thursday's WWE NXT tapings. They lost to the team of Hunico and Camacho.

Zitat

- Cody Rhodes, Brandi Rhodes, Goldust, Summer Rae and several other stars filmed a new episode of The JBL & Cole Show at a bowling alley in Miami last night. They all participated in the first-ever JBL & Cole World Championship Bowling Tournament.

Zitat

- The video below features Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Brie Bella, Daniel Bryan, Brodus Clay, Alicia Fox, Roman Reigns and Los Matadores training at Santino Marella's BattleArts Academy:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Below is a sneak peek at episode #101 of Chris Jericho's new web series, But I'm Chris Jericho!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Michelle McCool had to make a late night trip to the emergency room on Saturday after she was sliced open while trying to cut an apple. Here's a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/McCool-injury.jpg]

Zitat

- The man who played CM Skunk on Friday's SmackDown was Cincinnati indy wrestler Danny Todd.

Zitat

- There has been lots of talk lately about WWE looking into acquiring other wrestling video tape libraries. With the Network eventually coming, there is still a push to increase the amount of video WWE owns and a push to come up with new and different ways to monetize and package that footage.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho noted on Twitter that Fozzy's next album will come out in June 2014 and that he's looking to release his next book in September 2014. Jericho also said he doesn't know when he's returning to WWE.

Zitat

- We noted before Colt Cabana revealed on Steve Austin's podcast that he was scheduled for a WWE announcers tryout soon but then downplayed the reports on Twitter. Despite Cabana saying "no WWE for me", word within WWE is that he's still scheduled for a tryout some time in November.

• Zitat

- Kris Zellner of The Lucha Report sent the following:

Sin Cara gave an interview to Tercera Caida while WWE was on tour in Mexico and spoke candidly about his time in WWE saying that he feels like he is going upward now that he is healthy and hasn't felt this good in a while. Sin Cara also talked about the controversial action figure with him in a sling which was a mistake and he thought it was pretty funny and didn't take any offense to it. Cara was asked about rumors of WWE having interest in Volador Jr. and he welcomed that idea wholeheartedly saying that he thinks Volador could be big there. The hosts also brought up comments made by the current Mistico in Mexico about the former Mistico and Cara said that Mistico is crazy if he thinks that he is better than Cara was when he was under that gimmick.

Zitat

- John Cena tweeted to hype his return at WWE Hell In a Cell tonight:

"2nite wwe Universe at #hiac #cenation knows #WRS thanks @KingJames TheRock for letting wwe borrow the #AAA 2nite PPV 2nite #evenstronger"

Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler has been cast in a role for the Max Landis movie "Me Him Her", which will begin filming this summer in Los Angeles.

Zitat

- Konnan, who is always vocal about WWE on his podcast and on Twitter, feels a number of WWE Superstars should be removed from television—due to poor performance and/or lack of marketability. In response to a fan on Twitter asking him which two talents should be written off television, he responded with eight, including reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel, all three members of 3MB, and three WWE Divas.

"Brad Maddox, JoJo, Rosa, 3MB, Axel, Aksana, would write dem off," said Konnan.

Konnan, however, is high on two wrestlers he feels are underutilized. In response to a question asking who should be pushed, he stated, "Ziggler and Cesaro."

Zitat

- Tonight at WWE Hell in a Cell, Cody Rhodes and Goldust will defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against the team of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, as well as Jey and Jimmy Uso. Rollins vows to reclaim the gold.

"Tonight is for reclamation. wwe Usos & the #RhodesDynasty may be bonded by blood, but talent outperforms tradition. Believe that. #HIAC," he wrote on Twitter.

• Zitat

- WWE is teasing that Shawn Michaels will be appearing on tonight's RAW.

Zitat

- Jake "The Snake" Roberts continues to campaign for a spot in the 2014 Royal Rumble. He had words for Randy Orton after last night's WWE Hell In a Cell:

"So it is @RandyOrton. The real Snake vs. the imitator. #BestForBusiness #HellInACell #JakeSnakeForRumble"

Zitat

- John Cena says he has big plans for the World Heavyweight Title. He tweeted this morning:

"My word,@WWEUniverse I will do everything in my power to bring back the focus and honor the #WHC deserves. This is #cenation #WRS"

Zitat

- In case you missed it, Rey Mysterio worked the Spanish version of the WWE Hell In a Cell pre-show and did Spanish commentary through the pay-per-view. Last night was the first time WWE did a Spanish version of the pre-show.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho will be appearing on next Sunday night's Talking Dead on AMC. This is the Walking Dead post-show that CM Punk has appeared on before.

Zitat

- Shawn Michaels has been re-tweeting comments from fans on Twitter and fielding hateful tweets after turning on Daniel Bryan at the Hell In a Cell pay-per-view. He tweeted:

"I'm gonna go out on a limb & say this whole "having fun on twitter" is probably gonna be over for a while. #thatsortablows #iunderstand"

Zitat

- Here are the WWE NXT Power Rankings this week:

1. The Ascension
    2. Corey Graves
    3. Alexander Rusev
    4. Paige
    5. Sasha Banks

Zitat

- Natalya is the only Superstar advertised for the WWE NXT TV tapings on November 21st from Full Sail University.

Zitat

- Names in the crowd for last night's WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view were Miami Heat's Udonis Haslam and Andy Elisburg, legendary music producer Rick Rubin and Ata Johnson, The Rock's mom. After his big World Heavyweight Title win, John Cena hugged Rock's mom on the way to the back.

Zitat

- Former WWE Superstar MVP turns 40-years-old on Monday. On Twitter, he posted some messages concerning this milestone day, including, "Well, I don't FEEL any different."

• Zitat

- John Cena announced on that he will be on hand for Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings, writing on Twitter:

"Orlando 2nite for #RAW then wwe Universe wwe tomorrow nite on to Tampa for #Smackdown #TampaTuesday #WRS #evenstronger"

Zitat

- As noted, Vickie Guerrero's first day of college is today. She's studying for a degree in medical administration. She revealed she will be taking online classes through Herzing University. She tweeted:

"Ready to persevere and dedicate myself to completing my degree! First day of school....lets do this! HerzingU"

Zitat

- Goldust gave props to his brother Cody Rhodes after their win at WWE Hell In a Cell:

"I watched my brother @CodyRhodesWWE perform magic tonight when i tagged him in. He killed it! #ProudBrother #RhodesDynasty #TheBrotherhood4Life! wwe "

Zitat

- Speaking of Goldust and Cody Rhodes, while Goldust seems to be the more over right now, their whole storyline is being done for Cody's future. Because of Goldust's age, he's only seen as a short-term performer.

• Zitat

- Big E Langston tweeted about failing to capture gold with two title shots after last night's DQ win over United States Champion Dean Ambrose:

"The number of different ways I can be screwed out of a title shot is rapidly growing."

Zitat

- Kane tweeted Stephanie McMahon after tonight's RAW:

"It's what's best for business, @StephMcMahon. #RAW"

Zitat

- Shawn Michaels received a lot of boos from the crowd at RAW last night when referees helped him to the back after the Yes Lock from Daniel Bryan.

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Paul Orndorff turns 64 years old today.

Zitat

- Tonight's WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings will take place from the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida. All the top stars including new World Heavyweight Champion John Cena are advertised. Advertised locally is Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton and Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio.

Zitat

- Antonio Cesaro tweeted about he and Jack Swagger's non-title win over WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust on last night's RAW:

"We just beat the champions! #SonsOfRevolution Now that's what's up! @RealJackSwagger #DOMINANT #WeThePeople"

Zitat

- Damien Sandow will be missing weekend WWE live events because he's leaving for Paris, France on Friday. Sandow will be there to promote the new WWE 2K14 video game.

Zitat

- Zeb Colter says The Real Americans won't be ignored any longer. He tweeted about their non-title win over Cody Rhodes and Goldust last night:

"THE GREATEST VIBCTORY TONIGHT FOR @AntonioCesaro @realjackswagger. WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED ANY LONGER. UNCROWNED CHAMPS. @WWE"

Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler gave props to Damien Sandow after his match with John Cena on last night's RAW:

"hell of a job @TheDamienSandow took yourself to a whole new level but its almost like @JohnCena is on his OWN level #RAW"

Zitat

- Several students from the Team 3D Wrestling Academy received tryouts and/or were used as extras at last night's WWE RAW in Orlando.

Zitat

- Renee Young caught up with World Heavyweight Champion John Cena after defeating Damien Sandow on last night's RAW. Cena said Sandow gave one of his best efforts to date but Cena doesn't plan on letting go of the title any time soon. Cena says there's people in WWE talking like champions but not carrying themselves like champions, so he's back to do just that.

Zitat

- CM Punk suffered a cut over his eye after being attacked by Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family on last night's RAW. WWE's website posted footage of Punk refusing help from referees during the commercial break.