Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page posted this video looking at Jake "The Snake" Roberts' recovery after one year:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Former WWE NXT star Briley Pierce (Ryan Nemeth), also known as Dolph Ziggler, has his latest e-book ranked #56 on Amazon's Business & Personal Humor listing. "Life Advice for Your Life" is available for $9.99.

Zitat

- WWE NXT referee Shawn Bennett made his main roster debut at Monday night's WWE Superstars tapings.

Zitat

- We've been covering how WWE will be filming one of Mick Foley's upcoming comedy events in New York. Foley himself stated the special could end up on TV, Netflix or a similar outlet. Sources within WWE report that the special is being taped so WWE will have it on-hand for the Network when it launches.

Zitat

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel, who is dealing with a hip injury, was backstage at Tuesday's SmackDown tapings in Tampa.

Zitat

- WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust spoke with Rock Riley of The Bright House Sports Network on Tuesday. Cody noted that their pairing wasn't something that was planned out for a long time. Goldust noted that he feels better than ever after dropping 60 pounds on a no-carb diet.

Zitat

- Several of the WWE Divas have tweeted about the self defense class that former WWE Diva Eve Torres taught them in Tampa yesterday. Here's what Summer Rae wrote:

"I had such a great time at @EveMarieTorres #SelfDefense class today! She taught us things that I would never even think of"

Zitat

- Former WWE star Scotty 2 Hotty was in attendance for Monday's RAW in Orlando.

Zitat

- As seen on Monday's RAW, John Cena hyped his return to SmackDown and said he's going as the "Friday Night Delight." A fan on Twitter pointed this out to John Morrison, who used that nickname in WWE, and Morrison replied:

"always knew he was a fan"

Zitat

- To sell the attack from The Wyatt Family on Monday's RAW, WWE kept Daniel Bryan from making media appearances on Tuesday. As you can see below, he was scheduled for The Bubba the Love Sponge Show but WWE sent Cody Rhodes and Goldust instead:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/65614_744935865520181_1319379276_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Nikki Bella confirmed on Twitter that she's now living in Tampa with boyfriend John Cena. The WWE Total Divas mid-season finale ended with Cena asking Nikki to move in with him.

Zitat

- WWE had several NXT stars signing autographs and meeting fans at Monday and Tuesday's TV events. Here is a photo of NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension along with NXT Champion Bo Dallas and NXT Women's Champion Paige at RAW:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1385211_744936685520099_1503629483_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Former TNA Knockout SoCal Val was in attendance for Monday's RAW in Orlando and Tuesday's SmackDown tapings in Tampa. She was shown on camera at the start of the SmackDown tapings, likely just as the camera scanned the crowd.

• Zitat

- Paul Heyman was backstage at Tuesday's WWE tapings but left early in the show.

Zitat

- Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon were not at Tuesday's tapings, leaving Triple H in charge of the show.

Zitat

- WWE 2K14 video game publisher Take-Two Interactive Software reported strong results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014. The company also increased its financial outlook for fiscal year 2014, ending March 31, 2014.

Zitat

- Former WWE star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman was backstage at Tuesday's WWE tapings in Tampa.

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland turned 40 today. Edge addressed his milestone birthday, writing on Twitter:

"Thanks for all the b-day love guys. You never fail to amaze me with your loyalty. Cyber winks and hugs to you all. Now off to continue slaying the day #40yearsstrong... Oh and cyber handshakes and hi fives too"

• Zitat

- Nikki Bella recently spoke with WWE.com about returning to action this past Monday on RAW:

"You know, I was nervous, but I have to say knowing Brie was going to be by my side I felt a lot better. Brie has just been killing it in the ring; it made me feel really comfortable knowing that she's been going two hours before every show and training really hard with her fiancé, Daniel Bryan. This past week, when I was given a green light to do just a tiny bit of stuff, I was going in early with them just to move around the ring and get the feel for it. She definitely helped calm my nerves because I knew if I got in trouble she was going to be right there to save the day."

Zitat

- Damien Sandow spoke with SLAM! Wrestling before he cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase about being able to get a reaction from the crowd:

"It's funny you say reaction, because it's essentially the only reason we do what we do. If you look at some of the top, top names, if you look at their style, it is a style geared towards getting the most out of people. I just wanted to approach everything I do from the time I got into WWE like that. I know a lot of guys that equate running around and action with a crowd response, but sometimes if you just concentrate on getting an emotional response out of people, you can approach things differently, and that's what I try to do."

Zitat

- There will be a book done in comic form about the life of Andre the Giant released in early 2014 by First Second Books. The title will be "Andre the Giant: Life and Legend."

Zitat

- WWE officials are still looking for Sheamus to return in early 2014. There is still no definitive time frame for when Mark Henry will return.

Zitat

- The rumored February 24th start date for the WWE Network may or may not be accurate but there is definitely a plan for a launch that will be announced soon, so the current idea would be to launch around that time. A new TV commercial to promote the launch of the Network was recently filmed.

Zitat

- Regarding WWE's content deal with Yahoo that was announced this past April, the one that everyone figured would be the end of WWE's partnership with YouTube, the official word from both WWE and Yahoo is that the deal was delayed due to a variety of factors but they're still exploring opportunities together.

Zitat

- A new name in WWE developmental is Cole Andrews, real name Stephen Good. He's measured at the NFL combine at 6 foot 4 3/4 inches and 300 pounds. He's since trimmed down to 275 pounds. Andrews started as an offensive guard for the University of Oklahoma last season but wasn't drafted in the NFL draft, despite being a prospect. He's very strong, having done a competition 475 pound bench press at the age of 17. Jim Ross was instrumental in getting Andrews a WWE tryout.

Zitat

- When WWE was recently in Mexico, they did not do any tryouts with talents like they usually do when they're in Mexico or the UK. WWE is still very interested in Mexican talent but the approach will be different. WWE is not interested in Volador Jr. and Rey Mysterio, through his influence, is likely to get a tryout for Bestia 666, the son of Damian 666.

Zitat

- As noted, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H gave speeches and were awarded for WWE's concussion work at the Sports Legacy Institute dinner on October 23rd. Also appearing for WWE were Jane Geddes, Dr. Chris Amman, Dr. Michael Samson and Dr. Joseph Maroon.

Zitat

- As noted, students from the Team 3D Wrestling Academy and the Team Vision Dojo received tryouts before Monday's RAW in Orlando. The best four talents were told they would be getting a live dark match tryout before Tuesday night's tapings in Tampa but that never happened.

Zitat

- As you can imagine, most of the WWE talents hate segments like the ones on RAW where they all have to stand on the stage and get lectured by Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Nobody can or does say anything about it. The feeling is everyone on the stage that has to stand there and do nothing while insulted, particularly if you're a babyface, comes across like a prelim-level guy.

• Zitat

- Vickie Guerrero was at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando on Wednesday for promo class. She tweeted:

"I was honored to visit the #NXT superstars and divas during promo class tonight! Very talented and creative! #wwe. #wweperformance"

Zitat

- After teaching a self defense class to the WWE Divas on Tuesday, Eve Torres was teaching the NXT Divas a class on Wednesday at the Performance Center. She also attended the SmackDown tapings on Tuesday night. Eve tweeted:

"Great day at the amazing WWE performance training center! Worked #SelfDefense with the #NXT divas. wwe has a bright future ahead!"

Zitat

- Kane has been announced for the November 21st WWE NXT tapings from Full Sail University. As noted, Kofi Kingston and Natalya will also be appearing.

Zitat

- Former WWE and TNA star Lance Hoyt tweeted the following in response to Howard Stern calling wrestling fake this week:

"Heard @HowardStern Thinks my Biz is "All fake Shit!" I'd LOVE to show him how FAKE it is!!!! I Challenge The FARTMAN!"

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is auctioning off a painting he did called "100 Man Cage Match." Proceeds from the sale go to benefit The Kidney Foundation of Canada.

Zitat

- Zack Ryder and Renee Young will be hosting a special Halloween Google Hangout session on Google Plus today at 12pm EST. They are asking fans to dress as your favorite Superstar or Diva to join the Hangout.

Zitat

- Forbes did a feature on WWE's upcoming TV licensing deal with NBC Universal and noted that WWE is expected to receive 4 to 6 times their current $140 million per year deal. That would top NASCAR's $4.5 billion, 10 year contract.

Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here's the cover photo for WWE's Hell In a Cell pay-per-view with Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels and Triple H:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/s720x720/1450231_745443748802726_1981515479_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Broadcasting & Cable did an article on the WWE App this week with comments from Stephanie McMahon. She noted WWE's App has been downloaded 8 million times. Regarding the WWE Network, Stephanie said:

"We are looking at traditional and nontraditional distribution, and we're targeting first quarter next year."

• Zitat

- E! posted a sneak peek clip from Total Divas, were Nikki Bella tells boyfriend John Cena that Natalya peed her pants in the ring after being hit by Naomi. Cena went one better, admitting, "I pooped myself once."

Zitat

- The WWE crew will have time off this weekend before heading overseas after next week's TV tapings.

Zitat

- Since this morning's third quarter conference call ended, WWE's stock price has jumped to 13.14, making it up $1.30 for the day. This is huge for WWE as stocks have not been this high since 2011.

• Zitat

- Card.com now offers pre-paid Visa cards with WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels on them, in 4 different designs. Here's a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i40.tinypic.com/el6zpi.png]

Zitat

- WWE's corporate website has video footage of Stephanie McMahon and Triple H being honored for WWE's concussion work by the Sports Legacy Institute a few weeks ago.

Zitat

- WWE Legend Bobby "The Brain" Heenan turns 69 years old today while former WWE star Tyler Reks turns 35.

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Afa was backstage at Monday's RAW in Orlando.

Zitat

- WWE NXT trainer Billy Gunn is celebrating his 50th birthday today.

• Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Brandi Runnels (Eden Stiles) announced on Twitter that she will be returning to the company and will start training at the WWE Performance Center:

"Surprise rookie gift from @CodyRhodesWWE. Guess I traded heels for boots. TRAINING begins Monday wwe   wwe PerformCtr"

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i43.tinypic.com/awp9mv.jpg]

• Zitat

- Chris Jericho recently spoke with WWE.com about Triple H's promo on RAW where he referred to Jericho, Rob Van Dam and Edge as talented stars who were never "the guy" for the company. Jericho said:

"That's his opinion, and as somebody that was a six-time World Champion and main evented pay-per-views for years, was I ever the guy? Well, no, but who was? I think if you look over the last 15 years in WWE, you've got Rock, Austin, Hogan and Cena. I wasn't the guy... I just know that I had great matches pretty much every night. I had great rapport with the fans. I could make them love me or hate me depending on what I wanted, so I don't know what more you can say."

Jericho mentioned that he wasn't angry with Triple H, but both Triple H and himself were "always the guys who worked with the guy." He also mentioned that while he believes that Triple H is one of the greatest of all time, he could match him in every area.

• Zitat

- JPA Entertainment will be releasing a new DVD on WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart this month. "Jimmy Hart: Keep on Rockin’" will focus on Hart's music career. Here's the trailer, courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- As noted, Stephanie McMahon was referred to as a wrestler in WWE's latest 10-Q document. The booking agreement, dated October 7th, reveals Stephanie is now under contract as a WWE talent. She has signed a three-year deal with an annual salary of $325,000. It looks like Stephanie McMahon could be returning to the ring in the near future.

Zitat

- Former WWE star Paul London was on the set of NBC's Revolution this past week, doing stunt work and acting.

Zitat

- WWE will be releasing a hardcover book on the history of the company titled "WWE 50" on March 31st, 2014.

Zitat

- WWE posted this video of The Boogeyman scaring trick or treaters:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- In what has to be the largest difference in WWE.com poll history, they currently have a poll up asking fans who's better - Triple H or Chris Jericho and 97% have voted for Jericho with almost 65,000 votes. Jericho responded on Twitter:

"Haha OUCH!"

Zitat

- Mick Foley tweeted the following about his November 17th comedy event in New York being filmed by WWE:

"the 11/17 show is being recorded by wwe because they've heard really good things about the shows, and want to televise one."

Zitat

- WWE NXT star Scott Dawson, who has been dealing with some minor knee injuries, tweeted Vince McMahon this weekend:

"Hey @VinceMcMahon. You didn't answer your phone. Just letting you know i'm feeling great! don't worry; I'll be back soon. -your favorite"

Zitat

- WWE Diva Cameron will be celebrating her birthday at Couture Night Club in Hollywood tonight from 10pm until 2am. The cameras from Total Divas will be there filming. Here's the flyer for the party:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1385084_746654478681653_531780170_n.jpg]

• Zitat

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel tweeted the following about reports of him blowing out his hips:

"For the record: I DID NOT BLOW OUT MY HIPS!!! Where does this info come from? I'm gonna be fine! #BetterThanPerfect"

After Axel was pulled from the Hell In a Cell pre-show, it was reported that Axel "blew out his hips" on RAW in a freak accident. It was later reported that Axel suffered a hip flexor injury. Axel noted that he will be on WWE's upcoming tour of Europe.

Zitat

- Darren Young turned 30 years old on Saturday.

Zitat

- Former WWE star Jimmy Wang Yang has a new business in West Chester, Ohio called Jimmy's Redneck Party Bus. Here he is with The Briscoe Brothers:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q77/s720x720/545890_747550341925400_1060207014_n.jpg]

• Zitat

- While there have been numerous instances of family members of WWE wrestlers being involved in storylines over the years, those related to Triple H—aside from the McMahons—have never been spotlighted. According to the executive and part-time wrestler, he plans to keep it that way.

Speaking to WWE Magazine, Triple H revealed that his family is completely off-limits from appearing on television. He said, "One thing about me: I don't put my family in anything, I feel like there's a line that you have to draw. There is a lot of personal exposure, and that exposure can be harmful. So when you open that door, you can't be upset when someone comes in. You just have to be careful how much you open the door."

Zitat

- The official WWE website has released a poll asking fans which of these four wins was the biggest title change in WrestleMania history: John Cena defeats The Rock for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 29 (55%), Ultimate Warrior defeats Hulk Hogan for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania VI (21%), Shawn Michaels defeats Bret Hart for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania XII (20%), Triple H defeats Chris Jericho for the Undisputed WWE Championship at WrestleMania X8 (5%).

Zitat

- Former WWE and TNA Wrestling competitor Orlando Jordan recently got married in Australia, where he currently resides.

Jordan, who defeated John Cena in 2005 for the WWE United States Championship, currently runs a professional wrestling school in Brooklyn, Victoria, The Orlando Jordan School of Wrestling.

"The goal is to establish an Australian wrestling industry and enhance the talent to professionally mainstream standards in and outside the ring," Jordan told Australian Iron Man magazine earlier this year. "In order to do this I have dedicated my time to personally train young and upcoming males and females in order to set that standard for the Australian market."

Zitat

- WWE Diva Cameron turns 26 years old today.

• Jimmy's Redneck Party Bus??? :D :D Da hat er ja die perfekten Werbefiguren gefunden, mit den Briscoes. Ach ja, den guten Jimmy Wang Yang fand ich gerade im Team mit Shannon Moore immer klasse.

[align=center]Steiner's Wrestling Tour 2014
    01.02.2014 TNA Maximum Impact VI London
    26.04.2014 wXw Superstars of Wrestling Oberhausen
    03.05.2014 GWP Focus on Optimum II Roth
    12.07.2014 GSW Power Game Marburg
    06.09.2014 NEW SnakePit Erlangen
    27.09.2014 WFW Night of Pride Waldkraiburg
    18.10.2014 wXw Slammania II Mannheim
    25.10.2014 SOW American Catch Wrestling IV Odelzhausen
    22.11.2014 wXw 14th Anniversary Tour Hamburg

• Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Dawn Marie turned 43 on Sunday while former Diva Jackie Gayda-Haas turned 32.

Zitat

- Jim Ross tweeted about the wrestling business this weekend:

"The days since 9/11/13 are the 1st I've not been active in wrestling biz in my lifetime so is that why biz seems so uninspired? #MyEgo?"

Zitat

- Steven Borden, the son of Sting, a junior tight end at the University of Kentucky, caught his first touchdown pass this weekend in a game against Alabama State.

Zitat

- Rob Van Dam was in attendance for the Bellator MMA event from Long Beach this past weekend. Fans chanted his name as he entered the arena. Diamond Dallas Page was also there, telling fighters after the show about his DDP Yoga program.

Zitat

- Here are the updated WWE NXT Power Rankings:

1. The Ascension
    2. Alexander Rusev
    3. Paige
    4. Corey Graves
    5. Aiden English

Zitat

- WWE's website has a new article up looking at 14-time World Champion John Cena and how he ranks in the top 5 reigns. Here's the list:

5. Tied with 11 - Edge (4 WWE Title reigns, 7 World Title reigns) and Randy Orton (8 WWE Title reigns, 3 World Title reigns)
    4. Hulk Hogan - 12 (6 WWE Title reigns, 6 WCW Title reigns)
    3. Triple H - 13 (8 WWE Title reigns, 5 World Title reigns)
    2. John Cena - 14 (11 WWE Title reigns, 3 World Title reigns)
    1. Ric Flair - 16 (8 NWA Title reigns, 6 WCW Title reigns, 2 WWE Title reigns)

• Zitat

- For what it's worth, local advertising in Houston, Texas for the TLC pay-per-view is listing Daniel Bryan as WWE Champion.

Zitat

- Fans can submit their troubled life stories and personal information to floridacasting1@gmail.com for The Rock's new TNT series "Wake Up Call" that will begin filming this year. On the show, The Rock will motivate people into working harder and improving themselves.

Zitat

- There's potential to be some no-shows at WWE events this week as both crews prepare to travel overseas for tours. The Shield, Big Show, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan are advertised for Tuesday night's TV tapings in Charlotte and the live event on Wednesday in Belfast. That could be a very close call. On a related note, Cody Rhodes has tweeted about he and Goldust being in Brussels, Birmingham and Cardiff when WWE has them advertised for the other tour that will be going on.

• Zitat

- WWE has announced Big E Langston vs. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel for this week's episode of Main Event. This match was pulled from the Hell In a Cell pre-show because of an injury to Axel.

Zitat

- WWE also announced on RAW that Daniel Bryan will face Luke Harper in singles action on this Friday's SmackDown.

Zitat

- As noted on Monday, WWE will be coming out with a new adult-themed animated series called Camp WWE. Former WWE star Tyler Reks, who got into some trouble while he was with WWE for his Midcard Mafia cartoon, reacted via Twitter:

"I almost get fired 4 an "irreverent" cartoon & wwe decides 2 make their own? Hope Mark Henry doesn't cry about it. Kinda makes me wanna release the 2 episodes of #MidCardMafia season 2 that I have sitting here...."

Zitat

- WWE noted on RAW last night that they are on pace to exceed 2 billion views on YouTube this year.

Zitat

- Below is video of Diamond Dallas Page and Stevie Richards, who is a certified DDP Yoga instructor:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Brie Bella congratulated Eva Marie after she got her first pin on RAW last night:

"So proud of @natalieevamarie tonight! Took an opportunity and succeeded! #TotalDivas with the win! #BrieMode #RAW @eonline wwe "

Zitat

- Rebel Life Media has awarded Chris Jericho's Fozzy with the Best Metal Performance award:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Tonight's WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings will take place from the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina. Confirmed for Main Event is Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel vs. Big E Langston. Announced for SmackDown is Luke Harper vs. Daniel Bryan in singles action. Part of the WWE crew is on their way to Belfast, Ireland after last night's RAW. The other half of the roster will work a Wednesday live event in Columbia, South Carolina before heading overseas to Glasgow, Scotland.

• Zitat

- While promoting last night's RAW in Greenville, SC, The Miz spoke to Carolina Now! and mentioned that he enjoyed being a babyface:

"I was hated, now I'm kinda liked. It's a weird situation for me, because I'm used to going out there and having thousands of people boo me. But now having them cheer me, it's kind of a whole new thing. I enjoy the positivity."

• Zitat

- WWE Studios movie The Call has been nominated for a People's Choice Award for "Favorite Thriller Movie." Actress Halle Berry also received a "Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress" nomination for her role in the film. On a related note, The Rock's Fast 6 has been nominated for "Favorite Action Movie" and "Favorite Movie."

• Zitat

- WWE's Susan G. Komen-inspired merchandise will be available at WWE's Shop website through the end of this year.

Zitat

- According to NorthAmericanWrestlingRankings.blogspot.com, which has been keeping track of wrestlers' records since 2006, Dolph Ziggler's win over Curtis Axel on the November 4th RAW was his 100th televised singles victory. Dolph is the first wrestler to reach triple digits in both wins and losses.

Zitat

- One WWE crew arrived in Belfast this morning and will hold a live event there this evening at the Odyssey Arena. The other WWE crew will work a live event in Columbia, South Carolina tonight before heading overseas.

Zitat

- Paul Heyman is expected to return to RAW on next Monday's show, which tapes from the UK.

Zitat

- Below is the latest "Snake Radio Released" video from Jake "The Snake" Roberts:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Hacksaw Jim Duggan has launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise money for shoulder surgery. Duggan needs to raise $6,500 for surgery and rehabilitation. As of this writing, they have raised $600 and have 60 days left. Some of the perks for people who donate Duggan t-shirts, phone calls, autographs and a one-night stay at Diamond Dallas Page's Accountability Crib.

Here's Hacksaw's video for the campaign:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- Sin Cara checked in online today from his gym in Mexico and noted that he was training hard for his return to action for WWE soon.

Zitat

- WWE posted this Mustache Mayhem video to support men's health in the month of November:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]