Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- The Miz recently spoke with 107.5 in Las Vegas to promote ABC Family's Christmas Bounty movie. He was asked about fiancee Maryse returning to WWE. Miz replied:

"You would like that wouldn't you? I think a lot of people would really, really like that and would love to see Maryse back but right now she's busy dealing with our wedding stuff because she's the one that has to do it all since I'm not home."

Zitat

- Bret Hart was recently interviewed by The Calgary Herald about the Calgary Hitmen hockey team and mentioned his Kickoff pre-show role at Sunday's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view:

"I have the odd cameo on WWE, but it’s more fun than anything else. But I enjoy the thrill of going back and being in front of the crowds again. Even if it’s just sort of a flashback where it’s just for a few minutes, it’s kind of nice."

The article noted that Bret has spent much of the past year recovering from a troublesome knee replacement last February.

Zitat

- Colt Cabana was at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL earlier today for another announcing tryout with the company.

Zitat

- Antonio Cesaro hyped the 200th episode of NXT, writing on Twitter:

"Tomorrow, #NXT200. God may save the queen, but there’s not much hope for @RealKingRegal #RegalCesaro @WWENXT"

Zitat

- Hornswoggle makes a cameo in the new "Muppets Most Wanted" movie. Here's a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1374787_759557797391321_591273161_n.png]

• Zitat

- The WWE YouTube channel ranked #4 for the month of October with 63,096,390 viewers behind The Ellen Show, The Fine Bros. and Hola Soy German.

Zitat

- While he hasn't been working lately, word is that Sin Cara t-shirts sold well among kids on the recent WWE European tour.

Zitat

- It doesn't look like WWE will sign former NFL star Shawne Merriman, who did a tryout a few weeks back. Reports from developmental is that he didn't look good in the ring and got tired really fast.

Zitat

- The first 12 rows of WrestleMania XXX ringside seats are sold out, which is the first few rows at $2,000 each and the rest of the ringside rows at $800 each. As of Tuesday, the only tickets left were $450 and $175 priced seats. There were 7,013 sold tickets on Stubhub and most aren’t being sold much above market price. However, for a ticket in the first few rows, it looks like it’ll cost in the $12,000 range for a $2,000 priced ticket.

Zitat

- The Superior Court in Ontario ruled against WWE Hall of Famer Abdullah The Butcher on November 5th in an attempt to get the lawsuit filed against him by indy wrestler Devon Nicholson thrown out of court. Nicholson sued Abdullah claiming he contracted Hepatitis C when Abdullah used the same razor blade on both himself and Nicholson when blading in a match. The court ordered Abdullah to pay $3,500 in court costs for the motion that was turned down, within 90 days.

Zitat

- WWE agent Dean Malenko, who has had heart issues in the past, was sent home early from WWE's recent European tour due to chest pains. He was first taken to the hospital and after being examined, was sent home.

Zitat

- We noted last week that Sheamus said in an interview his dream WrestleMania opponent would be The Undertaker. Apparently Sheamus is trying to push the idea of that match internally so he's very serious about it.

• Zitat

- WWE Divas The Bella Twins turn 30 years old today.

Zitat

- Former WWE and WCW personality Debra Marshall, ex-wife to Steve Austin, noted on Facebook that she was accepted into the University of Alabama's criminal justice graduate program and will start in January.

Zitat

- Here are some more WWE attendance figures from the recent tour:

* November 13th in Nottingham drew 5,300 fans
    * November 14th in Leeds drew 7,300 fans
    * November 15th in London drew 12,000 fans
    * November 16th in Minehead drew 5,000 fans
    * November 16th in Vienna drew 3,500 fans

Zitat

- Chris Jericho posted an update on his new podcast and said it will now debut on December 4th, still with Steve Austin as his first guest. The title of his podcast is, "Talk Is Jericho."

• Zitat

- As noted, Stephanie McMahon is attending the CableFAX 2013 Most Powerful Women In Cable breakfast today in New York City. Linda McMahon is also with her. Here's a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/McMahons-at-CableFAX.jpg]

Zitat

- Here's the latest from World Heavyweight Champion John Cena on Twitter, mentioning Nikki Bella's birthday:

"Had a great day with @SportsNation and a more than wonderful evening with @nicoleandbri who just so happens 2 b a #birthdaygirl 2day!"

Zitat

- Curtis Axel hyped his match at WWE Survivor Series against Big E Langston for the Intercontinental Title, writing on Twitter:

"I'm a Survivor! And at a Survivor Series, I will once again be wwe Intercontinental Champion! #BetterThanPerfect"

Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page revealed that he was invited to tonight's WWE NXT tapings, writing on Twitter:

"got an invite from TripleH & @BillDeMott to see the boys at wwe NXT so Im heading down to wwe @FullSail wwe PerformCtr #BANG!"

• Zitat

- According to Amazon and WrestlingDVDNews.com, a new eight-hour DVD set on WCW pay-per-view matches will be released in March 2014. More details should be released soon.

Zitat

- The McMahons, separate from Triple H, are once again being advertised for upcoming WWE TV tapings, including the December 2nd RAW in Oklahoma City. Vince McMahon has been advertised to return a few times lately but obviously hasn't. Vince is still returning to TV as a character soon but they wanted to delay his return as long as possible to build up heat on Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

Zitat

- One person backstage at Thursday's NXT tapings noted to F4Wonline.com that it was shocking how much WWE officials were stressing over TNA taping Impact Wrestling across town head-to-head.

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis and former TNA Knockout Rosita are featured in the trailer for Army of The Damned:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- Steve Austin noted on his most recent podcast that Daniel Bryan will be one of his guests in the next few weeks.

Zitat

- The cast of WWE Total Divas is en route to Austin, Texas for The Bella Twins' 30th birthday bash tonight at the Recess Arcade Bar. The party will be recorded to air on Total Divas.

Zitat

- Here's the latest from World Heavyweight Champion John Cena:

"Been a crazy, few months. Often times I enjoy testing the capabilities of body and mind. With strong spirit impossible becomes possible"

Zitat

- WWE posted this video with every single Tombstone piledriver The Undertaker has done:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- The Bella Twins recently spoke with Newsday and said some of the sacrifices they made may be lost on WWE's new generation of Divas who have the WWE Performance Center to hone their skills. Nikki recalled performing in small bars and church halls in front of a few dozen fans before being called up to WWE and said:

"They're definitely spoiled. I prefer how we did it, because we knew we had to work hard. When we were finally on TV it was like, 'Holy cow! This is what we worked so hard for.' It definitely, I think, makes you appreciate it more."

Zitat

- South Carolina's The Tiger News recently spoke with WWE Superstar Curtis Axel and asked him about which NXT talents we should look out for. He said:

"I'm a big fan of Bo Dallas. I know he's the NXT Champion right now, but I remember I was in developmental when he first got there, and he was 18 years old and a young kid running around, and now just watching how he's grown, it's amazing. He's a great wrestler. He knows what he's doing, and I look forward to him getting brought up in the near future."

"Other than that, there's this guy that I've been seeing. He's actually been working some of the live events with us. He's Sami Zayn. He's a high-flying kind of guy.Check out Wrestling Inc. It brings some different elements into the WWE, so we'll see. I think those two are two guys you should keep an eye on in the future to get brought up to the main stage."

Zitat

- In a new blog on jrsbarbq.com, Jim Ross updated fans on his plans for WrestleMania XXX weekend:

"We're looking at venues and dates for a JR show, or two, during WrestleMania 30 week in New Orleans. Likely or the Thursday and/or Friday night of WM30 week. Details are still being finalized. My first show in 2014 will definitely be in New York City and I will have more info regarding the date and venue coming soon."

Zitat

- WWE.com's latest poll asks fans who The Rock's greatest WrestleMania rival was - Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan or John Cena. Austin is currently leading the results with 68%.

Zitat

- We noted before that John Cena is promoting a new "BodyChange" weight loss program. Cena tweeted the following update on Friday:

"Share YOUR motivational story on to win the BodyChange program. Be one of the 1st to start with me! It`s #ChangeTime"

Zitat

- We noted before that Stephanie McMahon was honored by CableFAX as one of the Most Powerful Women in Cable on Thursday. In her keynote speech, Stephanie said 40% of WWE's audience are women and claimed it was because of their storylines. She also said since WWE went to PG, they haven't lost any fans and have gained new ones.

Zitat

- WWE fans recently voted Natalya's Sharpshooter as the most dangerous submission in WWE.

Zitat

- WWE NXT Diva Veronica Lane was doing ring announcing at Thursday's NXT TV tapings.

Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page was at the WWE Performance Center on Friday doing DDP Yoga with the WWE NXT talents. Here's a panoramic shot of the group:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q82/s720x720/1425660_761308220549612_514631763_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page posted another video with footage of Jake Roberts' Indiegogo supporters hanging out:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- DDP posted footage of Cody Hall and Sean Waltman in action at a recent Superstars of Wrestling event in Rome, Georgia with Scott Hall at ringside:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Former WCW star Juventud Guerrera turns 39 years old today while ECW Original Kimona turns 37.

Zitat

- The Authority is ready for tomorrow's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view. Director of Operations Kane tweeted the following this afternoon:

"Everything is in order for #SurvivorSeries. #TheAuthority"

• Zitat

- Actor Kellan Lutz, who is playing Hercules in a different movie, took a shot at The Rock, who is also playing Hercules in an upcoming movie. Lutz says he wasn't able to get as big as The Rock did for the role. Lutz told E! News:

"I wanted to get big, but then you have The Rock playing in the other Hercules. There's not enough 'extra-curricular' stuff for that."

Zitat

- WWE Legend Tom "The Dynamite Kid" Billington suffered a stroke some time in the past few days. No more details are available yet. Billington has been living in England for years now, since his wrestling career ended.

Zitat

- In a new interview with Chad Dukes, Cody Rhodes noted that he paid to have the white Intercontinental Title, currently held by Big E Langston, brought back. He said:

"You have no idea how difficult that was to get the IC Title, the white IC Title, which Big E Langston is now our new Intercontinental Champion and that was such a cool thing for him, to see that and see it still around. It makes me feel happy because that was such a pain to get done. Not many people know this; I paid for the title to be recreated. I was refunded, heavily refunded, but I paid to show it to the man and say, “Listen, this will get a reaction, that you might not think it will and here’s why,” you know? And I’m very happy to see it still in existence."

Zitat

- While Batista was backstage at Thursday's NXT tapings, PWInsider reports that there has been no real talk within WWE about him making a return.

Zitat

- Paparazzi recently caught former WWE Diva Kelly Kelly on the beach in Miami. Here's video from Splash News:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Here is a photo of Ryback, Eva Marie and Alicia Fox volunteering at the Boston Food Bank earlier this morning:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1393638_761673053846462_990046605_n.jpg]

Zitat

- We’ve noted before how WWE creative writer Michael Hayes was suspended by WWE indefinitely after he was seen having alcoholic beverages with Rosa Mendes, who had just returned to work for the company after a stint in rehab for issues with alcohol.

Word now is that Hayes is currently undergoing treatment for alcoholism and isn’t expected to return to work for WWE until early 2014, at the earliest. WWE suspending Hayes ended up not being about him getting hit with a disciplinary measure but WWE getting help for him.

• Zitat

- WWE developmental Diva Brandi Rhodes, Cody's wife, noted on Twitter that she will be getting back to work on her Confection Swimwear line in December.

Zitat

- Hulk Hogan says he's getting ready to make his next move. He tweeted on Saturday night:

"Getting close to making my next move" I think ill go back to college" NOT,get ready it might get crazy brother HH"

Zitat

- Zeb Colter hyped tonight's 5-on-5 match at the pay-per-view, writing on Twitter:

"Big question mark re: #SurvivorSeries. How will @AntonioCesaro @RealJackSwagger mesh with @TheShieldWWE? @WWE"

Zitat

- WWE Diva Kaitlyn just had a quick mini vacation on the islands of Turks & Caicos. She returned to the United States this weekend in time for the Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Zitat

- Bray Wyatt will be at ringside for tonight's CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper match at WWE Survivor Series. Wyatt hyped the match on Twitter this weekend:

"Tomorrow, Laws dont Exist. .............Lord of the Flies #TheDevilMadeMeDoIt"

Zitat

- TMZ picked up on the story of Daniel Bryan's dog Asparagus passing away about a week ago.

Zitat

- Ryback has once again deleted all of his tweets at @Ryback22. Despite Ryback saying he would be issuing an open challenge at tonight's Survivor Series pay-per-view, WWE has made no mention of it.

Zitat

- Mick Foley noted on Twitter that he raised $1,000 for victims of the recent typhoon in the Philippines at his comedy shows in Columbia and St. Louis, Missouri this past week. When Foley was in Greensboro, North Carolina for a comedy show earlier this month, he and fans in attendance took up money for Hacksaw Jim Duggan's surgery.

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Serena Deeb is back in the spotlight with a preview from a new photoshoot she recently did at the Venice Canals in California. Here is a teaser photo she posted:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/575386_761818133831954_492297661_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Steve Austin is interviewing Brian Knobbs of The Nasty Boys today to air on a future "Unleashed" podcast.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho has been performing with Canadian band Coverboy this past week. He wrote the following on Instagram today:

"Rock n roll crazy night after another successful Coverboy gig in CALGARY! We've got something here Canada! Stay tuned for more news about Canada's biggest PARTY band! #payorj #geoff #cinqriveirs Brentelcapitan #iîi"

Zitat

- Bronwyne Billington, daughter of WWE Legend The Dynamite Kid, posted a positive update on her father after reports came out that he's suffered a stroke. She tweeted:

"Great news of my Dad watching John Wayne movies last night with my uncle. By the sounds of it he's on his way back to his normal self!"

• Zitat

- Nikki Bella thanked John Cena after her win at Survivor Series last night:

"I survived! Big thank u 2 my man @JohnCena 4 helping me get so strong Best Life Coach ever! Stronger than I have ever been! #FearlessNikki"

Zitat

- We noted before that WWE officials expected Evan Bourne back in the ring before the end of the year. While watching Survivor Series last night, Bourne noted that he was biding his time, an apparent tease at a return.

Zitat

- Jim Ross says he was surprised CM Punk and Daniel Bryan won at last night's Survivor Series pay-per-view. He tweeted:

"Somewhat surprised Punk & @WWEDanielBryan beat @WWEBrayWyatt & Family at #SurvivorSeries . Really solid tag bout. Simple is good."

Zitat

- WWE's shop website has released a new "La Maskara Del 619" t-shirt for Rey Mysterio and a new "434" t-shirt for CM Punk, both seen at last night's Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Zitat

- Jim Ross says good news is coming soon about his one-man shows in 2014. He wrote on Twitter last night:

"Great news about my 1 man shows in 2014 coming soon from super agent @nickpampenella. Where should Nick book me? I'm SO ready!"

Zitat

- WWE producer Dean Malenko, who had a health scare during WWE's recent European tour and was sent home, was back to work at last night's Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Zitat

- WWE's website has a new poll up asking if Roman Reigns is the most dominant performer in Survivor Series history. As of this writing, 57% of the votes are "yes."

Zitat

- Steve Austin invited The Rock to appear on an upcoming podcast. Austin tweeted:

" TheRock Alright, I'm officially inviting you for a session of BS on the #steveaustinshow. What's it gonna be? The people demand it."

Zitat

- Renee Young spoke to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on WWE.com after their win over The Wyatt Family at Survivor Series. Punk said the key to them winning was teamwork. Renee asked if we will see more of The Best and The Beard. They both joked about it being a possibility and walked off chanting, "I don't know!"

Zitat

- Curtis Axel also spoke with Renee Young on WWE.com last night and said he's not finished with Big E Langston and will get the Intercontinental Title back, one day or another.

Zitat

- WWE.com cameras caught up with The Shield after Survivor Series. Seth Rollins talked about how they've been the best since day one. Dean Ambrose talked about how Roman Reigns was unleashed and praised his spears. Reigns said there's many more where that came from.

Zitat

- World Heavyweight Champion John Cena tweeted this morning about Randy Orton and his TV appearances today:

"Never been 1 to use the term 'Face' but this #champ is headed 2 @KellyandMichael + @TeamCavuto hope @RandyOrton enjoys rest #thechampishere"

Zitat

- Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title is currently being advertised for WWE live events in Canada and Washington state next month.

Zitat

- Zeb Colter says he has a lot to say on tonight's RAW from Long Island. Zeb tweeted this morning:

"#SurvivorSeries is over. Headed to #RAW TONIGHT. HOPE I GET A LIVE MIC IN MY HANDS. I GOT A LOT TO SAY. @WWE"

Zitat

- Renee Young spoke to Mark Henry on WWE.com after his win over Ryback at Survivor Series. Henry said he answered Ryback's open challenge because he disrespected the Hall of Fame panel and treated them like they were nobodies.

Zitat

- With 10 days left on Hacksaw Jim Duggan's Indiegogo campaign, he has raised $11,151 for shoulder surgery, well past his goal of $6,500. On a related note, Sunny has raised $3,205 on her GoFundMe campaign, under her goal of $10,000.

Zitat

- As seen at Survivor Series, John Laurinaitis appeared in a backstage segment with Los Matadores, R-Truth, Santino Marella and Fandango. Laurinaitis is not expected back full time and apparently has reportedly been doing some agent work backstage.

Zitat

- WWE's website notes that Roman Reigns four eliminations at last night's Survivor Series pay-per-view tied a previous record.

Zitat

- Injured NXT star Scott Dawson, who tweeted Vince McMahon a few weeks back, tweeted Triple H today as he begins another week of rehabbing his torn ACL. Dawson wrote:

"Week 4 of PT starts today! TripleH don't worry bossman...I'll be back soon enough! Because, obviously, I'm best for...well you get it..."

• Zitat

- Bronwyne Billington, daughter of WWE Legend The Dynamite Kid, tweeted another positive update on his health today:

"Talked to my Dads wife this morning and she said she really feels he is doing better since this all happened #thankyoulord"

Zitat

- Regarding last week's RAW main event with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and The Usos vs. The Shield and The Wyatt Family, the match went 24 minutes and 2 seconds. That would make it the second longest match on RAW of 2013, only behind the John Cena vs. Punk match from the February 27th RAW that went 26 minutes and 30 seconds. There were no matches in 2012 as long. There was only one longer match in 2011, back when RAW was 2 hours, and that was a big 12 man match on the October 3rd, 2011 show that went 26 minutes and 53 seconds.

• Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Sunny tweeted the following health update this evening, saying she has to have major cancer-related surgery on December 17th:

"Bad news at the doc today... I'll be getting major surgery on dec 17th because the first doc fucked up royally in may... Very upset today.."

Zitat

- WWE posted another sneak peek at The Miz in ABC Family's Christmas Bounty, which premieres tomorrow night:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Linda McMahon wasn't the only interesting name sitting ringside for tonight's RAW on Long Island as Mick Foley's daughter Noelle and Betty Skaaland, widow of WWE Hall of Famer Arnold Skaaland, were also at ringside. Linda can be seen in the crowd when CM Punk ran up on the fan barrier:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Linda-ringside.jpg]

Zitat

- There was said to be lots of negative chatter among fans leaving the Survivor Series pay-per-view in Boston sunday night.

Zitat

- Word from backstage at Survivor Series is that at the 90-minute mark of the show, when the only thing trending worldwide was Bret Hart, a lot of people were unhappy internally. Other officials were not in a good over WWE's inability to get stuff to trend past the American Music Awards and the big NFL game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos.

Zitat

- Here's the latest teaser from Ricardo Rodriguez after last night's RAW:

"So it seems wwe is in a shortage of managers at the moment... Hmm I do have years of experience and titles in that department."

Zitat

- Tonight's WWE SmackDown and Main Event tapings will take place from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. No matches have been announced for either show but SmackDown will have a special Thanksgiving theme.

Zitat

- There was some speculation about Layla's status after she didn't tweet in over a month and hasn't been on WWE TV since September. F4Wonline.com now reports that Layla is not injured but there's no word yet on where she's been. She started tweeting again on Monday.

Zitat

- WWE's website has a new poll asking fans what's the better name for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's tag team - The GOATs (Greatest of All Teams) or The Beard & The Best. They're also allowing fans to enter their own names in the comments section. With over 13,000 votes cast, The Beard & The Best is leading with 63% of the vote.

Zitat

- Drew McIntyre noted on Twitter that thanks to WWE, he finally has his Green Card and is a permanent resident of the United States. McIntyre tweeted:

"Its official!Big thanks to wwe & the US.At 28 I've had some wild ups n downs & lived a lifetime.Got my Green Card,can't get rid of me now:)"

• Zitat

- Steve Austin tweeted the following about his interview with Daniel Bryan this morning:

"Just had a great talk w @WWEDanielBryan. Great cat. Coming next Tuesday to the #steveaustinshow. #WWE #WWE2K14"

Zitat

- As seen during last night's RAW Divas match, the screen went black for a few seconds. This was done because Aksana apparently had a wardrobe malfunction but WWE caught it on the delay.

Zitat

- Former WWE NXT Diva Lindsay Hayward, the near 7-foot wrestler that went by the name Aloisia during her brief run with the company, recently set a Guinness World Record for the Tallest Actress in a Leading Role for her role in the new movie R100.

Zitat

- A fan on Twitter pointed out to Bill Goldberg that fans are still chanting his name on RAW these days. Goldberg replied:

"Thank you....it's a huge honor for me and greatly appreciated"

Zitat

- Mick Foley revealed that "Super Size Me" director Morgan Spurlock was in attendance for last night's RAW from Long Island. Former WWE star Pete Gas was also there. Foley tweeted about Spurlock:

"Really enjoyed hanging with acclaimed film- maker @MorganSpurlock at #RAW. He showed great interest in the progress of @IamSantaMovie"

Zitat

- A majority of the WWE NXT talents will be headed home for the Thanksgiving holiday. The brand doesn't have any live events until December 5th.

Zitat

- Independent wrestler Logan Shulo has signed a developmental deal with WWE. Shulo has wrestled in the Pittsburgh area.

• Zitat

- People backstage at last night's RAW were wondering about Brodus Clay's future after WWE had Xavier Woods use Clay's theme song and entrance with Cameron and Naomi for his win over Heath Slater. No word yet on what this means for Clay or if they're setting up for a feud between the two. Xavier thanked Clay on Twitter for "helping" him with the entrance.

Zitat

- Mick Foley praised Dolph Ziggler's work as a comedian on Twitter afternoon. Foley wrote to a fan:

"I had @HEELZiggler on my shows a couple times...and he's very good. Dolph has an open invite to perform on any Foley show."

Zitat

- Rich Ortiz, formerly known in WWE as Ricky Ortiz, will debut for Extreme Rising at their December 28th event in Philadelphia. Ortiz last appeared in the States for the now-defunct Urban Wrestling Federation.

Zitat

- WWE Legend The Dynamite Kid is said to be improving slightly after suffering two strokes over the last few weeks but it's going to be a long process before he's back to 100%.

• Zitat

- Mick Foley's "A Most Mizerable Christmas" is now available as an e-book with Foley doing the audio.

Zitat

- A fan on Twitter noted that Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel is the longest reigning talk show in WWE RAW history with 40 episodes. Jericho noted that the episode with Shawn Michaels was the best.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho has launched a Twitter account at @TalkIsJericho for his new podcast that debuts on December 4th with Steve Austin as the first guest. Here's a show synopsis from the website:

"Recorded from all over the globe, multiple time world champion pro wrestler, lead singer of Fozzy and New York Times best-selling author Chris Jericho rocks the podcast world with "Talk Is Jericho," his unique, weekly take on all things pop culture and life in general. Sit down with Chris as he interviews some of the biggest names in entertainment and discusses the minutia of wrestling, music, television, movies and twerking!! All-ages welcome. No ID required!"

Zitat

- A fan on Twitter wrote to Roman Reigns and said he's going to be "THAT dude," referring to his push that's going on. Reigns replied:

"Somebody has 2, why not me. You can wait for it, or you can take it! #TakeIt"

Zitat

- Today would have been the 51st birthday of WWE Legend "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith.

Zitat

- ECW Original Steve Corino and his wife welcomed a new baby boy into the world last night.

• Zitat

- WWE's 2014 Royal Rumble pay-per-view from Pittsburgh is almost sold out.

Zitat

- WrestleMania XXX ticket sales were slightly under 40,000 over the first week. With the higher ticket prices, from a gate standpoint, it was the second biggest first weekend in history, only behind WrestleMania 29.

Zitat

- Puerto Rican wrestler Sebastian Guerra, who is 21 and 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, was at the same WWE tryout camp with Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Joey Ryan and others several weeks ago. WWE wanted Guerra to get more experience and learn better English so he's planning on going to OVW for more training and hopes to improve his English by living there.

Zitat

- Paul Heyman isn't expected back on WWE TV for several more weeks. As noted, it's expected he will be brought back when Brock Lesnar returns.

Zitat

- This may not have been reported before but WWE Diva Jo Jo is the daughter of Major League Baseball veteran José Offerman.

Zitat

- The 2013 WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view from the TD Garden in Boston had 13,500 fans in attendance with 12,000 paid. WWE announced it at 15,297.

• Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler was in rare form on Twitter last night during his WWE Main Event match with Alberto Del Rio. Ziggler, who is home for the holidays, asked fans to play a drinking game with him and take a shot every time he "almost dies" during the match. Here are a few of his tweets:

"pre game with ME TONITE 8PM SHARP wwe MAIN EVENT on @iontv take a shot every time i almost die @jimbeamofficial"

"almost died of embarrassment, explaining to my friends why i lost AGAIN haha DO 2 SHOTS & meet me out in cleveland wwe "

Zitat

- Apparently WWE Diva Naomi has been working on her music career. Boyfriend Jimmy Uso posted the following on Instagram last week:

"Late night session with @trinitymccray .....can't wait till y'all hear this!!!"

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i40.tinypic.com/2utlnwo.jpg]

Zitat

- Diamond Dallas Page posted a new video with tips for people who work on a computer all day:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- At the Dragon Gate USA Freedom Fight event back on November 17th, one-time WWE prospect Johnny Gargano faced Chris Hero, the former Kassius Ohno, and told Hero he was going to bury him "like Triple H did." During the match, Gargano did a DX crotch chop and hit Hero with a Pedigree, as seen below in the video DGUSA released this week:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- We noted before that David Benoit, son of Chris Benoit, is interested in becoming a pro wrestler and has trained with Harry Smith, among others recently. Benoit's ultimate goal is to get into WWE. Benoit, through an intermediary, and Cody Hall, Scott Hall's son, have had people check to see if they could join the New Japan Pro Wrestling dojo.

Zitat

- The premiere of WWE Studios' Christmas Bounty on ABC Family with The Miz in a starring role drew 828,000 viewers on Tuesday night. The movie drew a 0.3 cable rating in the Adult 18-49 demographic.

• Zitat

- WWE posted this video looking at greatest wrestling catchphrases:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- The Figures Toy Company, which filed a lawsuit against WWE back on August 28th alleging that the company had wrongly tried to sever the contract between the two for Figures' WWE title belt replica license and was now trying to go directly to the factory Figures had utilized to create the belts to eliminate Figures altogether as a middle-man, was officially dismissed on November 27th.

• Zitat

- Zeb Colter turns 64 years old today while JBL turns 47 and Jerry Lawler turns 64. Summer Rae turned 30 on Thanksgiving.

Zitat

- WWE rookie Diva Summer Rae celebrated her thirtieth birthday on Thanksgiving Day.

"Being home & being able to spend time with my family made today a great birthday & Thanksgiving," she wrote on Instagram. "Laying on the couch with the pups, watching movies with the fam, & eating a great meal. Oh & it wouldn't be complete without my birthday candles in the pumpkin pie!"