Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

Daniel Bryan revealed his favorite ROH opponent during a recent interview with John Corrigan of The Temple News.

“Despite him detaching my retina and giving me two concussions, I really liked working with (Takeshi) Morishima in ROH,” Bryan said. “But my favorite ROH rivalry was with Nigel McGuinness. Nigel was signed at the same time as me, but he had some shoulder and elbow stuff that didn’t clear WWE’s medical testing and now he’s out of the business altogether. It’s a loss because he’s great on interviews, in the ring, and really just a fun guy to be around.”

Bryan also talked about his expectations when he signed with WWE, being recognized and more. The article also contains quotes from WWE Hall of Famer Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat as well.

• Zitat

Former WCW wrestler Mark Starr passed away over the weekend. Apparently he was helpful in Sheamus' early WWE developmental days. Sheamus tweeted last night:

"Devastated to hear the Passing of Mark Starr! A great wrestler & great person. @ FCW he helped me in the ring on his own time. What a loss! Mark Starr was the man who actually encouraged me 2 use the Brogue Kick!I remember him getting on my case all day till I got it right.Legend"

Zitat

Jim Ross was asked about the late Brian Pillman being inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame one day. Ross replied:

"Been in mine 4 yrs....#wwehof...don't know. Likely a Longshot."

• Zitat

Booker T is still out of action and won't be having elbow surgery until this week. He tweeted:

"Update on my condition I'm feeling real good but they had to push my surgery back a bit I'll have it this week. I'll be back very soon!"

Zitat

WWE Hall of Famer Sunny says she's finished her autobiography. She tweeted:

"I have finished writing my autobiography and it is now in the editing stage! Expect it at a store near you by Spring 2014!"

• Zitat

Randy Orton was recently interviewed by Maxim to promote 12 Rounds. He was asked about his favorite opponent:

"I have had so many great opponents in WWE, from Triple H, to Mick Foley, to John Cena, to The Undertaker, but I would say that my favorite opponent to compete against is Christian."

• Zitat

Here's a photo of CM Punk and Lita at the Chicago Blackhawks vs. LA Kings hockey game the other night. Punk has been tweeting like crazy during the NHL playoffs. It will be interesting to see what kind of chants he gets in Chicago for the Payback pay-per-view as the Blackhawks will host 2 games that weekend.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7240_662820340398401_752737640_n.png]

• Zitat

WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes had to be hospitalized over the weekend due to an infection in his left foot, apparently from a snake bite. Dusty commented on the incident via Twitter:

"out with infection in left foot ! snake bite !! @WWEUniverse"

Zitat

WWE recently applied to trademark "Torlito and "Torito." Torlito means "little bull" in Spanish.

• Zitat

- Kevin Nash say she has a new project he will be filming with Goldberg later this year. He tweeted last night:

"Looks like Goldberg and Nash will be shooting their third project together,may be a record for ex-wrestlers.Early to mid August. I talk shit to Bill just to keep our fire burning.We're dads and grown men.Always thought we could get a pay day on a rematch.I was wrong."

Zitat

- CM Punk appeared on stage at a Rancid concert in Detroit last night. Lars from the band introduced Punk as Philip and mentioned his WWE Payback match against Chris Jericho this Sunday.

Zitat

- Some very interesting videos have been posted from WWE developmental promo classes but will likely be deleted soon. In the playlist embedded below, you can see NXT stars Yoshi Tatsu, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Percy Watson, Paige, Kassius Ohno and others working on their promos:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Mark Henry turns 42 years old today.

• - Some very interesting videos have been posted from WWE developmental promo classes but will likely be deleted soon. In the playlist embedded below, you can see NXT stars Yoshi Tatsu, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Percy Watson, Paige, Kassius Ohno and others working on their promos:

Gibt es dazu noch andere Videos außer dem von Yoshi?

[align=center]Steiner's Wrestling Tour 2014
    01.02.2014 TNA Maximum Impact VI London
    26.04.2014 wXw Superstars of Wrestling Oberhausen
    03.05.2014 GWP Focus on Optimum II Roth
    12.07.2014 GSW Power Game Marburg
    06.09.2014 NEW SnakePit Erlangen
    27.09.2014 WFW Night of Pride Waldkraiburg
    18.10.2014 wXw Slammania II Mannheim
    25.10.2014 SOW American Catch Wrestling IV Odelzhausen
    22.11.2014 wXw 14th Anniversary Tour Hamburg

• Gibt es dazu noch andere Videos außer dem von Yoshi?

Ja, einfach auf den Nickname des Benutzerkontos bei YouTube klicken und dann findest Du auch die Promos der anderen oben genannten Personen, sofern diese noch nicht entfernt worden sind. :)

Hier der Link zur Playlist:

Manche davon sind leider schon entfernt, andere kannst Du nur mit ProxTube anschauen.

• " Dieses Video ist aufgrund des Urheberrechtsanspruchs von World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. nicht mehr verfügbar. "

Wow, die waren schnell :(

• Zitat

Tammy “Sunny” Sytch Tweeted she got bad news from her oncologist on Tuesday. The following is from her Twitter:

"Please send your prayers my way everyone... got some not-so-good news from my Oncologist today."

Zitat

The storyline with Vince McMahon and Triple H is expected to continue on this month as both are advertised to appear live on the June 17 and June 24 episodes of WWE Monday Night Raw. While I don’t know this for sure, the backstage talk several weeks ago was that Vince was looking for a “big” storyline this summer to help bolster the ratings and this certainly appears to be it.

• Zitat

Mark Henry celebrated his birthday on Wednesday with a cake made to look like a burger and fries:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002735_664412520239183_1443408310_n.jpg]

Zitat

The Miz was at the E3 convention this week to promote WWE's 2K14 video game and meet fans:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/983979_664420543571714_146076664_n.jpg]

Zitat

New Photo of John Cena & Nikki Bella Holding Hands

[Blockierte Grafik: http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/988660_664424706904631_547573756_n.jpg]

Zitat

Randy Orton told Shockya.com that he would love for what happened to The Rock to happen to him, with acting becoming his moneymaker. Below is an excerpt from an exclusive interview they did:

Yeah, kind of like Dwayne Johnson, and the route he’s gone? He’s still around the wrestling world and that’s his first love but the moneymaker for him now is movies and that’s where his heart lies now. I would love for that to happen, I would love for that to happen. But as an actor can you compare me with the Rock? Hell no, hell no. I have a long way to go, and I know that. It’s one thing at a time, and we’ll see how this movie does. And I need some more acting classes before any other movies. I know that. But I want to see how this movie does and see if people think I have that potential.

• Ich würde es auch klasse finden wenn Orton plötzlich lauter Filme machen würde, dann müssten wir den Fatzke nicht mehr im Ring ertragen.

• Zitat

Former WCW wrestler Alex Wright is considering making an in-ring comeback. Wright hasn't wrestled since 2003 but noted he is getting into better shape and is beginning DDP Yoga.