Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- John Gaburick is the main guy really running things behind the scenes in TNA these days. The three sides of the "triangle" that you have to answer to are Panda Energy in Dallas, Dixie Carter in Nashville and Spike TV.

Zitat

- The TNA live event on December 28th in Philadelphia drew 950 fans. The December 28th live event in Westbury, NY drew 2,000 fans, which is a very good crowd for TNA.

Zitat

- Tickets for the upcoming UK Tour are believed to be selling well. For what it's worth, extra tickets were released for the London taping at Wembley Arena.

Zitat

- The Bro Mans are featured in a photo spread with "Mr. Olympia" Phil Heath in the latest issue of FLEX Magazine, which is available on sale.

Zitat

- The TNA One Night Only: Old School and One Night Only: Hardcore Justice pay-per-views that were taped last weekend will likely air in February or March. The Hardcore Justice taping in Lowell, MA drew around 1,000 fans. The Old School taping in Poughkeepsie, NY drew 1,500 fans.

• Zitat

- TNA's website has a new interview up with Knockout of the Month Madison Rayne. She talked about what it feels like to be back:

"I never thought anything would top the excitement I felt when I signed my first TNA contract in 2009. At that moment, a little girl had made her dream come true. But fast forward 4 years, that little girl is a woman now, and after a very long 2013 full of all time high as well as rock bottom low moments, to be back in the ring and say "I did it," and have the support of the fans and my coworkers is an indescribable feeling! I'm baaaaack!"

Zitat

- The Impact Wrestling episodes that TNA tapes in the UK this month will bring them to the week of or before Lockdown. The current plan is to do a live Impact Wrestling and taping the week after Lockdown.

• Zitat

Dixie Carter announced on Twitter today a new multi-year deal with Challenge TV. Obviously, this is great news as the Challenge deal puts them in their second biggest market. PWInsider notes that the current deal with Spike TV will be expiring in October 2014 so TNA should be having discussions with them about a new deal soon.

• Glückwunsch zum Kind. Matt Morgan wird definitiv wieder zum Wrestling zurückkehren, wann das sein wird keine Ahnung aber für Ihn sehe ich noch kein endgültiges Ende. Ob man ihn jemals wieder bei TNA sehen wird, bezweifel ich schon fast. Den Durchbruch hat er nie geschafft und anderswo, wird er warscheinlich mehr Erfolg haben. Ich mochte Morgan, war für mich nie ein Main Eventer aber unterhaltsam. Ich Persönliche brauche ihn nicht zurück bei TNA. Sein neuer Job klingt übrigens sehr gut.

• Zitat

When you talk to some TNA staffers and office workers, there's bitterness with the feeling that the company doesn't appreciate their hard work. There hasn't been a lot of raises within the past few years and apparently that has some unhappy.

There's also a feeling that Dixie Carter doesn't come off as approachable as she once was. It's said that she's not going out of her way to speak to anyone anymore, seems to be in her own world and waits for people to come to her, despite not being as approachable as she used to be.

• Zitat

- Former TNA star Jesse Neal teased retirement from wrestling at last night's USWA event in Jacksonville, FL. Neal told fans he now has a family another projects that he wants to focus his time on.

• Zitat

- A TNA source says reports of Tommy Dreamer signing with TNA as a "senior agent" to replace Jeff Jarrett are premature at best. Dreamer was at the Impact Wrestling tapings last Thursday and was helping John Gaburick.

Zitat

- On Twitter, TNA writer Dave Lagana addressed rumors of him reaching out to Ring of Honor or WWE and says he's not going anywhere. A Ring of Honor source reports that the door has always been open for Lagana to return but there has been no communication between the two sides. Lagana recently purchased a home in Nashville.

• Zitat

It appears that TNA will only have three 3-hour PPVs this year with Lockdown in March, Slammiversary in June and Bound For Glory in October. The plan as of now is to continue the free TV specials and One Night Only PPVs during the off-months. TNA previously announced four epic PPVs a year but Genesis was switched to a Spike special.

Zitat

It appears that the relationship ending between OVW and TNA is confirmed. While we have previously reported that the OVW relationship had ended, the TNA logo still appeared on their site. Today, that logo was removed.

• Zitat

- TNA star Zema Ion appeared on this week's episode of The Science Channel's Oddities show. He was billed as a TNA wrestler and was looking for an item to intimidate his opponents with. Zema ended up buying a human tongue in a jar. The episode will replay on Saturday night.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- There is talk that the March 2nd Wrestle 1 event at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan will have a theme of TNA vs. Wrestle 1.

Zitat

- The rumors of TNA ending their developmental relationship with Ohio Valley Wrestling have been confirmed. TNA officially pulled everyone and everything they had out of Louisville on January 15th.

• Zitat

- Former TNA star Wes Brisco is now taking indie bookings through showbis@aol.com. He can also be booked as a tandem with his father, WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco.

Zitat

- Jeff Jarrett tweeted the following about Sting after Thursday's Impact Wrestling:

"Stinger... Timeline filled up... A true class act and an one-of-a-kind MAN... Many, many thanks to you... @Sting #Icon #grateful #class"

Zitat

- Members of TNA's production team began working on a Dixie Carter reality TV style demo reel in the last week or so. The idea is that the reel will be shopped around to networks for a potential Dixie Carter reality TV show. This is something that Dixie has had the production team begin working on. She tried getting on The Real Housewives of Nashville reality show a few years back but it never worked out. No word yet on when this presentation will be done or when they will begin shopping it around.

• Zitat

Gail Kim was a guest on Wrestling With Rosenberg and talked about who she wants to wrestle. Gail said:

"Well, everybody wants to see the rubber match with me and Taryn (Terrell), so I’m sure that’s going to happen when she comes back. And she is going to come back. She’s got abs on top of her pregnant belly right now. I want (Alicia) Fox to come to Impact Wrestling. I think she would fit in great with us, I think she would be utilized. I haven’t wrestled her for years and people loved our matches back then, so I think we would kick butt. And Nattie of course, she's incredible."

• Zitat

- TNA star Rockstar Spud turns 31 years old today.

Zitat

- Brooke Tessmacher will be the special guest on TNA's Impact InterActive Second Screen Experience tonight.

Zitat

- Remember tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling will be taped this afternoon from Glasgow, Scotland. Tonight's show will feature the big investor reveal, Eric Young and Abyss vs. BroMans for the TNA Tag Team Titles and more.

Zitat

- Pocket-lint.com has a new article up on TNA using social media. Kurt Angle talked about TNA's approach to using social media:

"We even have to take briefings on how to tweet and what’s the most effective way to tweet. I just never thought it would get to the point where we have meetings on the technique of tweeting. Times are changing. We’re getting more pressure from the networks we’re on. We just had a meeting with Spike TV and their representatives on who to tweet, how to tweet, when you should re-tweet. They want us to talk about things that are storyline-driven in character."

Zitat

- Kurt Angle was seen limping badly on his left leg at last night's TNA live event in Dublin. Angle ran out to save Gunner from a post-match attack from Bobby Roode. Angle cut a promo and "very gingerly" left the ring and limped to the back.

• Zitat

- In their new interview with Pocket-lint.com, Kurt Angle and Jeremy Borash both commented on a potential TNA Network like the one WWE is launching in less than a month.

Angle: "Are we going to see a TNA network soon? No. But we have a lot of room for growth and we have a lot of ability with our roster. We've taken chances, we've made mistakes, and we're still here. That shows that we're here for the long haul."

Borash: "We have always been a company that has evolved and advanced with baby steps, and not to do what our competition is doing for the sake of it. We do what is best for TNA Wrestling first and foremost, and if that means a streaming subscription service is something that our fan base demands, we will follow suit accordingly."

Zitat

- DirecTV will not be carrying TNA's One Night Only: Old School pay-per-view that debuts February 7th.

Zitat

- For what it's worth, the belief among a lot of TNA talents is that we have seen the last of Sting in the company.

Zitat

- Dixie Carter re-tweeted Bully Ray's comments from Wednesday where he invited CM Punk to join TNA.

Zitat

- British wrestler Kris Travis noted on Twitter that he is working a dark match against Shark Boy prior to tonight's Impact taping in Glasgow, Scotland.

Zitat

- The commentary on tonight's episode of TNA Impact Wrestling will be done by Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash. Taz is not in Glasgow for today's tapings but noted on Twitter that he will be live tweeting during the show tonight.

• Zitat

- TNA will begin airing a one-hour pay-per-view titled "Unfinished Business: The Rise of Magnus" beginning March 1st. The preview reads like this:

"He is 6'3" of solid determination. He is a force to be reckoned with. Join TNA WRESTLING for a look at one of the most impressive athletes to come out of the United Kingdom with UNFINISHED BUSINESS: THE RISE OF MAGNUS."

Zitat

- It's been in the news this week that George Zimmerman has agreed to do a celebrity boxing match. Several celebrities have thrown their name in the hat to box him but TNA star Kenny King, who is still on the roster, noted on Twitter that he would like to fight Zimmerman.