Dixie Carter: "Ich bin sehr an einem WWE vs. TNA Crossover Event interessiert"

• In einem Interview mit "Digital Spy" hat TNA Präsidentin Dixie Carter nun ihr Interesse daran bekundet, einen WWE vs. TNA Crossover Event zu veranstalten, wo WWE Superstars und TNA Wrestler in Matches gegeneinander antreten:

"I don't think [the WWE] shares my belief in this, but I believe that competition is 100% positively essential,I think it's important for fans and for us. To have one company dominate, a) it's boring, and b) you are not being challenged enough. It's always better to have other options out there and I truly believe it makes both companies better. absolutely would do that. I'm not sure if they would do that (a crossover event), but I absolutely would."

(Quelle: TNAsylum)

• Wer (außer der WWE) ist denn nicht an so einem Event interessiert? Am meisten davon profitieren würde - neben den Fans - TNA, während es der WWE eher schaden würde, da man dadurch die Konkurrenz größer machen und bei Wrestlingfans für mehr Interesse an TNA sorgen würde.

Für TNA wäre das sicherlich sehr gute Werbung, während es für die WWE wohl eher ein Griff ins Klo und geschäftsschädigend wäre ...

• Sicher wäre das für die WWE ein Schaden (höchstens man lässt die WWEler alle Matches gewinnen ;) ), vom Image her. Aber es wäre ohne Zweifel großartig! TNA hat ja mal mit dem World-X Cup in Ansätzen was ähnliches gemacht, da waren auch Wrestler aus den Ligen in Mexiko und Japan dabei und es war einfach großartig.

[align=center]Steiner's Wrestling Tour 2014
    01.02.2014 TNA Maximum Impact VI London
    26.04.2014 wXw Superstars of Wrestling Oberhausen
    03.05.2014 GWP Focus on Optimum II Roth
    12.07.2014 GSW Power Game Marburg
    06.09.2014 NEW SnakePit Erlangen
    27.09.2014 WFW Night of Pride Waldkraiburg
    18.10.2014 wXw Slammania II Mannheim
    25.10.2014 SOW American Catch Wrestling IV Odelzhausen
    22.11.2014 wXw 14th Anniversary Tour Hamburg

• Zitat

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross published a new blog on JrsBarBq.com:

On a possible WWE/TNA event: WWE is about as likely to work w/ Impact Wrestling on an event as I am wearing burnt orange to the Oklahoma-Texass Red River Rivalry Game. Ain't gonna happen. WWE has zero to gain by this and I'm surprised that some fans actually think that it "could" happen. TNA Owner Dixie Carter is a bright lady and made a timely sound byte that many fans, I'm sure, were excited to read but let's be honest...it's not going to happen.

• Zitat

During a recent interview with DigitalSpy.com to promote Sunday's WWE Payback pay-per-view, WWE TV personality Paul Heyman commented on Dixie Carter recently tweeting that she'd like to do a TNA vs. WWE pay-per-view event. Heyman understands where she's coming from, but thinks WWE would be crazy to work with TNA.

"I'm sure that Dixie Carter would love to do a WWE versus TNA PPV. Why wouldn't she? A friend of mine who has way too much time on his hands just started a new beverage company here in the United States... He would like to do a global promotion with Coca-Cola. I don't suggest that Coca-Cola would be profitable having to do a global co-promotion with Shmuley's Soda Company. In the same way it would make no sense for WWE with 95% global share to do an event with TNA with its 5% global market share!"