Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- WWE writer and wrestling legend Michael "PS" Hayes turns 55 years old today.

Zitat

- Batista recently spoke with Mike Jones of DC 101 in Washington, DC. Batista commented on the WWE fans hijacking shows these days:

"It's the whole show that they are missing out on. I love that they love Daniel Bryan, it's great. He deserves all of his success, but at the same time, we can't have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan. They would get bored really fast. He is a star on the show, he's gonna be out there eventually. If you chant his name through every other match that's going on, it's just... they're missing out."

Zitat

- Chris Jericho received a standing ovation from a packed crowd for his "But I'm Chris Jericho" web show at the Los Angeles Web Fest last night. The mini-series has been nominated for an award. Below is a photo of Jericho on the red carpet, showing off some of the new ink he's had done since leaving WWE:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10157351_835737469773353_2081437930_n.jpg]

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper recently spoke with The Chad Dukes Wrestling Show. Here are some highlights:

A possible role at WrestleMania XXX:
    "I wrote a quick note to the WWE saying if you don’t give the fans, what they deserve, the two guys that started it, just let them walk out, you know as more to thank them. I’m not there to have people cheer for me, I’ve had my share of that and I’m very grateful. But to have Hogan in the ring and not hit the bagpipes, the fans would never forget it. Not to give them that, to give them that to remember for the rest of their lives as would we, being Hogan and myself, who I’ve not talked to, I think would be a mistake. This is 30 years, we started with a thing called War to Settle The Score. The promoter put his house and everything up on a tag team match called WrestleMania, no number. I was definitely the dark horse in the race. 30 years later I think that we should say hello, but I don’t think the WWE’s with me, I don’t know what they wanna do. But it’ll tell me, if I don’t come out it’ll probably be the last time."

Pitching an idea to WWE to work with Drew McIntyre:
    "I think that the organization thinks that I will breed rebel into these kids, and that’s not true. It’s just what I had to do to survive for my family. That’s the only reason, I can’t figure out another one. The kid Drew himself went to them, I went to them, they ended up taking the kilt off of him and making him some kind of a, I’m not sure what he is. He’s a great kid though."

• Zitat

- Former WWE star Trent Baretta turns 27 years old today while former WWE star Zach Gowen turns 31 and current WWE agent Mike "IRS" Rotunda turns 56. Also, today would have been the 69th birthday of wrestling legend SD Jones.

• Zitat

- Cameron noted on Twitter that her "Bye Bye" single featured on Total Divas will be available on iTunes in May.

Zitat

- Hulk Hogan hyped tonight's RAW on Twitter this morning:

"Headed to DC for RAW brother,I'm gettin that weird crazy feeling again brother HH"

Zitat

- This week's episode of WWE Main Event will not be live as there is no WWE live event on Tuesday night. WWE will presumably be taping content for Main Event and Superstars when they tape content for SmackDown tonight before RAW hits the air.

Zitat

- Phil Strum of The Poughkeepsie Journal recently spoke with Paul Heyman to promote WrestleMania XXX. Heyman also talked about his upcoming WWE DVD that comes out in August:

"I really don’t know much about it. I’m sure WWE has been trying to dig up a lot of dirt on me. You don’t have to dig too hard. It will be a snapshot of Paul Heyman at 48 years old, which would be a different look than if he was 38 years old and a different look from when he was 28 years old. If you did this documentary 10 years from now when I am 58, that would be a far different look at me. It’s a look at Paul Heyman at this stage of his career, begrudgingly reflecting on what he has accomplished so far and very much passionately looking forward to future things to accomplish in the next stage of his career."

Zitat

- Roddy Piper noted on Twitter that he has a new Roddy Piper Soda Pop coming out in April. Piper also continues to campaign for a role at WrestleMania XXX and make references to Vince McMahon not believing that he belongs at the 30th WrestleMania. He tweeted the following:

"Being honest, No ego, if WWE has the Warrior and Hogan, I'll give you a PIPER"S PIT you will remember for your life! I'm the best in history"

Zitat

- WWE is expected to announce some of the final 4 spots in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on tonight's RAW. Rob Van Dam is rumored to be one of those final 4 entrants.

Zitat

- Zeb Colter teased filming some vignettes in Washington, DC tonight. He tweeted:

"IN #wwewashington TONIGHT...#RAW COMES TO TOWN. TODAY...MR. COLTER GOES TO WASHINGTON WILL BE RECORDED. MEETING WITH SEN. GOP LATER. @WWE"

Zitat

- F4Wonline.com reports that if Stephanie McMahon appears in front of the crowd at WrestleMania XXX, which she likely will given the storylines, it would be the first time she was in front of a WrestleMania crowd in 12 years since the Chris Jericho vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 18. She has appeared in backstage segments at a few WrestleMania events since then.

Zitat

- John Cena tweeted the following this morning to hype WrestleMania XXX:

"If music is the soundtrack of life, right now @Eminem #legacy is my soundtrack! Time to #facefear at #Wrestlemania30 and be part of history!"

Zitat

- The New York Times has a new article up on the WWE Network. Michelle Wilson reiterated that they plan on adding WWE talk shows and more animated projects to help entice non-wrestling audiences. Vince McMahon also was quoted and said he expects the Network to exceed 1 million subscribers within 1 year.

Zitat

- The entire WWE NXT roster will be in New Orleans for WrestleMania XXX week. Like last year, there's expected to be NXT matches at WrestleMania Axxess.

• Zitat

- With RAW General Manager Brad Maddox adding himself to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX, just three spots remain. Main roster stars who are not in the match yet include Alexander Rusev, Bad News Barrett, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, David Otunga, Evan Bourne, Ezekiel Jackson, JTG, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Hornswoggle, Xavier Woods and El Torito.

Zitat

- Triple H noted on commentary during last night's RAW that this year's WrestleMania pay-per-view will indeed have a flyover to kick things off. Last year's event had no flyover, reportedly due to government budget cuts.

Zitat

- Mark Henry announced on Twitter that he's down to 397 pounds, the first time he's been under 400 pounds in years as he weighed 390 pounds as a high school senior. Henry weighed 410 pounds when he came back with the new look last year.

Zitat

- WWE had The Undertaker kick off last night's RAW to combat the finale of How I Met Your Mother, which likely did very big numbers for CBS.

Zitat

- Brie Bella has been teasing a physical altercation with Stephanie McMahon on her Twitter. She wrote the following last night:

"I find Triple H and Stephanie completely annoying. I would LOVE to slap the crap out of them! Who else!!???? -B #RAW"

Zitat

- Zack Ryder noted on Twitter that he's had special Last ReZort gear made for WrestleMania XXX.

Zitat

- Hulk Hogan commented on his return to SmackDown for this Friday's episode:

"Great to be on SMACKDOWN after all these years,totally jacked about Andre Memorial Battle Royal with WRESTLEMANIA a few days away brother HH"

Zitat

- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton turns 34 years old today while former TNA star Jesse Sorensen turns 24.

Zitat

- The name of Summer Rae's new WWE theme song is "Rush of Power" and it's now available on iTunes.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho tweeted the following after appearing in The Authority's video on RAW last night:

"Welcome to Raw Is Jericho! Im the Best In The World At What I Do! U will never EVVVER be the same again! #cheapcatchphrases #guiltyascharged"

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel is celebrating his 34th year of employment with WWE today. He tweeted:

"Today I celebrate my 34th year of employment with #WWE. It's been a heck of a ride, and to this day I remain thankful for the opportunity!!"

• Zitat

- Sheamus vs. Batista in a Last Man Standing Match plus Kane vs. Big Show is being advertised for the April 15th SmackDown tapings from Nashville.

Zitat

- Hulk Hogan is being advertised for the post-WrestleMania SmackDown tapings on April 8th. Also advertised for that show is John Cena, The Shield and Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, Randy Orton and The Wyatt Family. Hogan is also booked for the RAW after WrestleMania.

Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, below is the cover photo for WWE's Greatest Wrestling Factions DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on May 27th:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1554608_838253419521758_1483927248_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Chris Jericho announced on Twitter that his band Fozzy will release their "Lights Go Out" single on April 29th, ahead of the new studio album in June. Below is the art for the single:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/1907969_838255306188236_486449381_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler will be interviewing fans for the WWE Network while at Axxess this week.

Zitat

- WWE will be releasing "United We Slam: The Best of Great American Bash" on DVD and Blu-ray on July 15th of this year. Below is the synopsis, courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com:

“One of sports entertainment’s most patriotic traditions, The Great American Bash provided the July fireworks for fans from 1985 – 2009. Originating with the NWA and WCW, the event has featured legends such as the “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, The Road Warriors, Sting, Randy Savage and more clashing for championship gold. Continuing in WWE, the red, white and blue pay-per-view always delivered historic thrills. Now, relive the best star-spangled excitement from nearly 20 events, featuring the greatest matches and moments from history’s top Superstars.”

Zitat

- Below are some recent WWE attendance figures:

* March 28th in Raleigh, NC drew 7,500 fans
    * March 29th in Charlottesville, VA drew 7,000 fans
    * March 30th in Norfolk, VA drew 7,200 fans
    * March 31st for RAW in Washington, DC drew a sellout of 12,500 fans, announced as 15,288

Zitat

- In this week's RAW Fallout video, it appeared Big Show wanted to correct Roddy Piper when Piper was talking about Show's relationship with Andre the Giant. It turns out Show never met Andre and wasn't even in the pro wrestling business until after Andre died. Show tried to nicely correct Piper but Piper kept going.

Zitat

- Sean Cleary, who had taken Jane Geddes' role in WWE Talent Relations, left his position about a month ago and went back to Human Resources. With the change, Triple H is now personally handling the talent payroll. The feeling is that won’t last long and it’s said he’s trying to find someone for that position because of the time consuming nature of that role.

• Zitat

- Former ECW, WCW and WWE star Lance Storm turns 45 years old today.

Zitat

- Kofi Kingston recently spoke with TheAdvertiser.com to promote next Tuesday's SmackDown tapings. He commented on the first SmackDown after WrestleMania XXX:

“It’s the season premiere of a whole bunch of different, new story lines. The Smackdown and Raw after Wrestlemania are just awesome because you get to be there and get engulfed in what’s going to be the road to the next Wrestlemania. They’re always jam packed. All the WWE stars will be there. We’re going to do what we do and put on a great show, continue to entertain and feed off that Wrestlemania hype."

Zitat

- WWE has revealed a sneak peek at the 2014 Hall of Fame rings. It's worth noting that the inside of Scott Hall's ring is engraved with his real name, not the Razor Ramon name. All Hall of Famers have their names engraved on the inside except for The Ultimate Warrior. His ring is engraved with his mask symbol, the Ultimate Warrior name and his trademark phrase, "Always Believe." Below are two photos:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10150633_838738362806597_1674793498_n.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/s403x403/1546167_838738842806549_2113910313_n.jpg]

Zitat

- SLAM Wrestling has a new article up looking at WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel's 34 year career with the company. Fink commented on his love for wrestling:

"Wrestling is my life. I bleed WWE, I wear WWE."

• - Die dieswöchige "NXT"-Ausgabe wird folgende Matches mit sich bringen:

Corey Graves vs Sami Zayn
    The Ascension (Konnor & Victor) (c) vs zwei unbekannte Gegner
    "The Boss" Sasha Banks vs Emma
    Tyler Breeze vs Yoshi Tatsu
    Den Report zu dieser "NXT"-Ausgabe gibt es wie immer später heute Abend.

- Der WrestleMania XXX Axxess wurde am heutigen Tage im Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans eröffnet. Neben Kane, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler, den WWE Tag Team Champions Jimmy & Jey Uso, R-Truth, Sin Cara, The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) & Cesaro waren mit NXT Diva Championesse Paige, NXT Champion Adrian Neville, Charlotte & Sami Zayn auch einige NXT Divas & Superstars dort anwesend.

(Quelle: PWMania)

• Zitat

- WWE's new "The Music of WCW" album is now on iTunes. All songs were produced by Jimmy Hart. The 60 song album features themes from such WCW stars as Sting, Eric Bischoff, GI Bro, Shark Boy, Mona, Natural Born Thrillers, Tank Abbott, Saturn, Dungeon of Doom and many more. They have another new album called "The Federation Era" on iTunes. It features 23 theme songs done by Jimmy Hart including Demolition, Jimmy Snuka, The Rockers, The Mountie, Earthquake, The Repo Man and others.

Zitat

- Stephanie McMahon was asked on Twitter if she will be ringside for Triple H's match with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXX. She said we'll have to "watch and see."

Zitat

- WWE Diva Naomi has her new single "Dance All Night" now available on iTunes. It's worth noting that she's using her real name Trinity. Below is the artwork for the single:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10245390_839277656086001_425831641_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Below is video of Pat Patterson doing karaoke at Cat’s Meow on Bourbon Street in New Orleans last night:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- WWE is paying tribute to 2014 Hall of Famer Paul Bearer at WrestleMania Axxess in The Undertaker's graveyard attraction. They have the urn in a glass case with his name and "1954-2013." A photo is below:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10168018_839286212751812_1816383410_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Batista recently spoke with The Washington Post to promote WrestleMania XXX. Below are some highlights:

Returning as a babyface:
    "They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface. I said, 'no, it’s not going to work.' They said, 'no way, they’re dying for you to come back.' I said, 'that’s going to last two minutes, just watch.' And sure enough it did."

Fans hijacking the show:
    "They used to want to interact with the show, but now the crowd almost wants to be the show. Well, if you wanna be the show, take your a-- to wrestling school, just like I did, just like everybody else here who is busting their a-- and actually become part of the show! Don’t just sit in the audience and try to randomly steal the show."

• Zitat

- WWE Legend Sika Anoa'i turns 69 years old today while WWE NXT Diva Charlotte turns 28 and Diamond Dallas Page turns 58.

Zitat

- WWE's auction site is now selling the infamous pair of skinny jeans that Batista ripped when he speared Randy Orton on RAW two weeks ago. The autographed item currently has a $260 bid. Below is a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10014688_839832582697175_242862150078543772_n.jpg]

• Zitat

- Today would have been the 77th birthday of WWE Hall of Famer Peter Maivia.

Zitat

- Many of the dresses worn by WWE Divas at the Hall of Fame last night were made by WWE seamstress Sandra, known from her appearances on Total Divas.

Zitat

- Mick Foley responded with the following after fans complained when he made the tweet about his Hall of Fame speech being better than The Ultimate Warrior's:

"Lighten up #LittleWariors - I expressed a polite personal opinion in a non-definitive way."

Zitat

- WWE will be releasing a sequel to their 2011 "OMG!" countdown DVD on August 12th of this year. This release will look at the top 50 incidents in WCW history, according to WrestlingDVDNews.com.

Zitat

- As seen at the WWE Hall of Fame last night, Hulk Hogan had his wife Jennifer, daughter Brooke and son Nick with him. After the ceremony, Hogan joined his son Nick at club Metropolitan in New Orleans where Nick worked a DJ gig.

Zitat

- WWE's website caught up with Carlito after the Hall of Fame ceremony last night. They asked what was going through his mind when he put the induction speech together for his father Carlos Colon. Carlito replied:

"He has had such a storied career, it writes itself. My main thing is that I don’t want to turn it into a stand-up comedy act and make things about myself. I want to focus on my dad, it’s all about him. The less I’m involved, the better."

Zitat

- WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that the official release date for Paul Heyman's WWE DVD and Blu-ray is August 5th.

Zitat

- Chris Jericho will be appearing at the St. Louis Comic Con today from 12pm until 4pm, which technically leaves enough time to fly to New Orleans for a surprise appearance at WrestleMania XXX.

Zitat

- WWE's website has a new poll up asking fans which Hall of Famer had the best induction speech last night. With almost 6,000 votes cast, The Ultimate Warrior is leading with 32%. Jake Roberts has 18%, Kane on behalf of Paul Bearer has 17%, Lita has 16%, Razor Ramon has 10%, Mr. T has 6% and Carlos Colon has 1% of the vote.

Zitat

- Rob Van Dam was backstage at the WWE Hall of Fame last night. He's officially in town for WrestleCon but spent some time with the WWE crew.

Zitat

- WWE's website caught up with Jake Roberts and Diamond Dallas Page after last night's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. Jake commented on his speech:

“I wrote some stuff down, and I did not follow any of it. I’ve always done that. It came from the heart.”

• Zitat

- Daniel Bryan's big WrestleMania XXX win is featured on the cover of the Times Picayune in New Orleans this morning:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10247347_840941962586237_1627764417605589744_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Former WWE star Droz turns 45 years old today while former WWE star Rosey turns 44 and David Otunga turns 34.

Zitat

- Cameron made a tweet revealing she had a wardrobe malfunction during the Divas match at WrestleMania XXX. The incident happened when her top came unhooked during a spot with Emma. Cameron held her top close to her and rolled out of the ring until the match was over.

Zitat

- WWE has launched a new line of Alter Ego t-shirts with Under Armour, now available at WWE's shop website and all Under Armour stores. Below is a photo:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1902882_840942739252826_1574926879552663325_n.jpg]

Zitat

- The three women who participated in Triple H's entrance at WrestleMania XXX were NXT Divas Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks and Charlotte.

Zitat

- Stars who appeared in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX who weren't announced before the match were the winner Cesaro, David Otunga, Yoshi Tatsu and Tyson Kidd. Christian was not in the match due to the concussion he suffered a few weeks ago on RAW.

Zitat

- There was some chaos as fans were trying to get into the actual stadium part of the Superdome before WrestleMania XXX hit the air. Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com notes that people were pushing and shoving, and yelling at each other trying to get into the seating area. At one point fans stood there for 20 minutes without moving.

Zitat

- After WrestleMania XXX ended, it appeared WWE was getting ready to film a post-show with Josh Mathews, Jimmy Hart, Mick Foley and Trish Stratus but obviously it didn't air on the Network.

Zitat

- Daniel Bryan enjoyed a long celebration after WrestleMania XXX went off the air, including greeting several members of his family. The woman and little girl that came into the ring after the win were Bryan's sister and niece.

• Zitat

- WWE Studios is currently working on the script for Queen of the Ring, which will feature The Miz in a big role. We noted before that this movie is the adaptation of the French comedy about a mother who becomes a WWE Diva to get closer to her estranged son, who is a WWE fan.

Zitat

- Today would have been the 60th birthday of WWE Hall of Famer Paul Bearer and the 89th birthday of wrestling legend Angelo Poffo.

Zitat

- WWE Divas Champion and NXT Women's Champion Paige is not booked for this weekend's WWE live events. She will be appearing at NXT live events in Florida instead.

Zitat

- WWE Main Event on Ion is no more as the contract expired and the show will be airing exclusively on the WWE Network now. The lack of renewal doesn’t mean a lot because the $100,000 (ballpark figure) per week WWE was getting for the show wasn’t as important to their bottom line, at a time where they expect profits to rise greatly from the RAW and SmackDown TV rights and the Network.

Zitat

- WWE's Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mystery was the #7 best-selling DVD and #11 best-selling Blu-ray in its first week of being released.

Zitat

- As of this afternoon, Christian still has not been cleared to wrestle. There is a lot of concern over his future.

Zitat

- While WWE made the decision not to renew Ezekiel Jackson's contract this month, word is that they will not be doing a lot of cutting, outside of developmental talents and disciplinary incidents. Instead, guys who aren't used that reach an age where they don't see future upside in them, their contracts may not be renewed.

Zitat

- WWE will be doing more live WWE Network shows from Los Angeles during SummerSlam weekend, similar to how they did with WrestleMania XXX.

• Zitat

- WWE's website has a new poll up asking fans if WrestleMania XXX was The Undertaker's last match. With over 30,000 votes cast, 51% voted yes.

Zitat

- Steve Austin and The Rock both finalized their deals to appear in the WrestleMania XXX segment with Hulk Hogan before the go-home RAW last week.

Zitat

- The idea of the finish to the Divas match at WrestleMania XXX was for AJ Lee to grab Naomi's hand and tap out with it when she had her in the Black Widow, as a way to set up a rematch on TV. For whatever reason, as she was doing it, Naomi tapped with her other hand.

Zitat

- John Cena cut a promo at Tuesday night's WWE SmackDown tapings where he joked around about The Ultimate Warrior's promos. That interview was edited for tonight's broadcast.

Zitat

- Rey Mysterio did an interview with Medio Tiempo in Mexico and said he was disappointed that the original Sin Cara didn't work out. Rey said Cara had potential to be the person who would replace him as WWE's Mexican star. Rey said the original Cara's ego got in the way. Rey said if Cara had worked harder on learning to adapt to the American style and learning how to speak English better, things may have been different.

Zitat

- Vince McMahon tweeted the following today:

"Just say "Yes!" to New Orleans, @WWEDanielBryan, and #WrestleMania. Thank you."

Zitat

- WWE Superstar Goldust turns 45 years old today.

Zitat

- WWE issued a survey today to some fans on their mailing list, seeking feedback on WrestleMania XXX and the WWE Network. The survey asked fans if they were happy with the end of The Undertaker's Streak. It also asked who should have ended The Streak. The choices were: Brock Lesnar, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Roman Reigns, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Damien Sandow and "no one."

Zitat

- While promoting his comedy show in Baltimore earlier this week, Mick Foley pushed that Ring of Honor is a good alternative to WWE. Foley also wore a ROH t-shirt on stage in Baltimore. Foley has been actively reaching out to different indie promotions about appearing for them now that his WWE contract has expired.

Zitat

- The plan at Monday's RAW was not for Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman to turn babyface, although some fans may have been under that impression. When they first came out, people hated them for ending The Undertaker's Streak but everyone ended up cheering the duo because of how good the promo from Heyman was. That promo received rave reviews from not just fans but people within WWE.

Zitat

- Below is a new trailer for The Rock's Hercules:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- Blabbermouth.net reports that Chris Jericho's next book that comes out on October 14th will cover these topics and more:

* How Mickey Rourke challenged him to a match, then backed out
    * His award-winning feud with Shawn Michaels, which culminated in Jericho knocking out HBK's wife in the ring
    * His escape from the 2010 Icelandic volcanoes in a broken-down, European rental-car shuttle
    * His encounters with Bob Barker, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Al Sharpton, and Mike Tyson; and his on-again-off-again relationship with WWE chief Vince McMahon

Zitat

- Former WWE Tag Team Champion Sir Mo turns 50 years old today. Also, today would have been the 87th birthday of WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Rocca and the 77th birthday of WWE Legend Stan Stasiak.

Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, below is the cover photo for WWE’s new Batista DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on June 10th:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/q73/s720x720/10256892_844302935583473_5126565728583201918_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Jim Ross has updated the Q&A section on jrsbarbq.com and was asked what he thinks about The Shield breaking up. Ross replied:

“I think it’s best it ALL the Shield break up eventually but no time soon. Perhaps around the Royal Rumble build in 2015.”

Zitat

- WWE Studios' Oculus brought in $12 million on 2,648 theaters this weekend, coming in at #3 behind Captain America and Rio 2.

Zitat

- Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs. Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt is being advertised for the May 20th WWE SmackDown tapings from the O2 in London. This is the same show Hulk Hogan will be appearing at.

• Zitat

- Jeff Jarrett turns 47 years old today while ECW Original Julio Dinero turns 42 and 2014 WWE Hall of Famer Lita turns 39. Also, today would have been the 50th birthday of former WWE and WCW star Brian Adams.

Zitat

- Below is the new promotional poster for WWE Studios' Leprechaun: Origins, which features Hornswoggle in the lead role:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1503815_845026478844452_3334858269642578885_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Former WWE Superstar Marty Jannetty recently found out that he's a father. His daughter appears to be a young adult now. He wrote the following on Facebook:

"HAPPIEST, HAPPIEST GUY LIVING RIGHT NOW......wish I was there to watch her grow up but, so happy to be given this gift now!!! and from here on, Im gonna be a different person than have been... will be the best daddy ever..or at least the best one I can be!!!"

"Im the happiest guy on this planet right now...now I get it..to all the boys who have told me how its life changing when you have a kid...man..had no kids so I didnt get it...now I do...thats my girl...and guys, dont you dare look at her twice,,,bad ankles and all I will make sure you never look at my daughter like that again!!!!!!!!!!!..Love ya Bianca!! hey, we didnt get the choice....but now we do have that....and..I LOVE YOU!!!..hope you will accept me///I will change soooo much now, I will never embarrass you!!!!!!!!!"

Zitat

- Renee Young will be hosting WWE's "Best of RAW: After The Show" DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on April 22nd. WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that despite her hosting, no commentary has been added to off-air segments or matches featured. They are presented in the exact same way the live crowd experienced them in the arena.

• Zitat

- WWE's latest "Five Things" video looks at other streaks besides The Undertaker's that have ended:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer George "The Animal" Steele turns 77 years old today while Vickie Guerrero turns 46 and former WWE star Paul London turns 34.

• Zitat

- WWE's website has a new poll up asking who is the most dominant member of Evolution. With over 16,000 votes cast, Triple H is leading with 48%. Batista has 28%.

Zitat

- Former WWE star Nailz turns 56 years old today while WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper turns 60.

Zitat

- WWE's website traffic averaged 21.3 million unique visitors combined for January and February of this year. January 2013 averaged 14.6 million and February 2013 averaged 13.8 million.

Zitat

- Mark Henry noted on Twitter that he has a part in the new Haunted House 2 movie that's out.

Zitat

- Bo Dallas defeated a local talent before Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings in Nashville. That local wrestler was former WWE developmental talent and longtime OVW star Jamin Olivencia.

Zitat

- Dean Ambrose is currently 10 days away from having the longest WWE United States Title reign since it became a WWE title. Ambrose is currently at 333 days and MVP has the longest reign with 343 days.