Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

TNA Knockouts Champion Mickie James recently took part in a Q&A in London, England to promote the UK launch of her second album "Somebody’s Gonna Pay." When asked about the TNA departures of Madison Rayne and Tara, Mickie said:

"It’s sad to see so many of the girls that I love with so much talent, you know, Madison and Tara [leave TNA]. Of course, everybody knows that Madison’s having a baby, she’s made that publicly clear.

But you know, I feel like both of them are way too talented to not be doing something somewhere. I know that Tara recently tweeted a picture that she was getting ready for something; she’s as hard a worker as anybody else and she’s one of the most talented people I’ve ever had the chance to work with."

• Zitat

Former WWE Tough Enough contestant and TNA Gut Check participant Ivelisse Velez was recently on Spike TV’s “Tattoo Nightmare.” The episode, titled “Fire Crotch,” features Velez getting her rising phoenix tattoo covered up. A photo of the finished product is below:

@1221Jasmine Thanks for fixing my Tattoo Jasmine! XOXO #TattooNightmares @SpikeTV pic.twitter.com/LrhNo4upLP

[Blockierte Grafik: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPWItmLCUAAQlDR.jpg:large]

• Hehe, eindeutig nen rostigen Rasierer genommen, würd ich mal sagen :D

[align=center]Steiner's Wrestling Tour 2014
    01.02.2014 TNA Maximum Impact VI London
    26.04.2014 wXw Superstars of Wrestling Oberhausen
    03.05.2014 GWP Focus on Optimum II Roth
    12.07.2014 GSW Power Game Marburg
    06.09.2014 NEW SnakePit Erlangen
    27.09.2014 WFW Night of Pride Waldkraiburg
    18.10.2014 wXw Slammania II Mannheim
    25.10.2014 SOW American Catch Wrestling IV Odelzhausen
    22.11.2014 wXw 14th Anniversary Tour Hamburg

• Zitat

Impact Wrestling tweeted:

Next week on #ImpactLIVE from Wichita Falls, TX @ProjectSabin vs. @ManikImpact #ChampionVsChampion 9/8c on @SpikeTV

Zitat

[Blockierte Grafik: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j0Sw7uRHU_c/UfKNO9wyjYI/AAAAAAAAJW0/QDKnEO6IUq8/s1600/rampage-jones.png]

MMA Junkie reports that Rampage Jackson is slated to fight Roy Jones Jr. in a pay-per-view boxing match sometime in late 2013. While the date and weight class for the bout have yet to be finalized, an official announcement is expected to be made next week at Bellator 97 on Spike TV.

A representative for Jackson said: "We've been talking to Roy and his people over a potential Rampage vs. Roy fight for over seven months. If it happens, it would be an incredible fight. Boxing and MMA have both been discussed, and Bjorn (Rebney) has been in these discussions every step of the way. I can't say much more than that. We'll see what happens."

• Zitat

- TNA Knockouts champion Mickie James recently commented on the possibility of former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler making a return to the ring now that she is no longer dating George Clooney. James told FemaleFirst.co.uk:

"I'm sure she could return to wrestling if she wanted to. I mean, maybe she does now that her and Clooney have called it quits. I don't know. Maybe she'll come back. But she could absolutely come back if she wanted to."

Zitat

- TNA Wrestling has canceled two live events scheduled for next month in the Northwest. Shows scheduled for Yakima, Washington, on Friday, August 23 and Eugene, Oregon, on Saturday, August 24 are no longer listed on the company website's touring schedule.

Zitat

- TNA Wrestling issued an e-mail to TNAOnDemand.com subscribers on Tuesday stating that the video on demand service will no longer be offered as of Friday, August 2. Refunds will be given to subscribers.

• Zitat

Former TNA Senior VP of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard revealed on Twitter that he will be finishing up his book:

"All of this time allows for reflection. Time to finish the book."

Zitat

Former TNA Wrestler, Shannon Moore went on Twitter and comments about what direction TNA should take regarding the use of "established" talent. Here is what Shannon had to say:

"People ask me my thoughts on TNA. I don’t know what the game plan is but would hate to see a company come to a cross roads. However I feel it’s time to capitalize on the house hold names that are sitting home right now. Carlito, Morrison, Helms, Masters, etc. These guys are hard workers that have name value that people still want to see. Sometimes the mixture of home grown and household names is a good thing. Just my opinion but so much talent that have a following should be put to use by someone. It’s a waste and this day and age it’s hard to build new talent unless you have the following already paying attention to your product!! That’s my thoughts but its not my answer at the end of the day that will help. Hopefully the game plan will pan out."

Zitat

Madison Rayne posted a new blog talking about her departure from TNA, the state of professional wrestling, and her gratitude to Dixie Carter. Below is an excerpt:

"Let me first reiterate, *I was not released from my contract on bad terms, with any ill feelings, or with the slightest bit of regret for giving everything I had to Impact Wrestling for 4 1/2 years!* I’ve had what seems like an endless number of tweets lately telling me that I need to go wrestle elsewhere, and people cannot believe I got fired because I was pregnant. Y’all, as much as I appreciate the support and the fact that people were affected enough by my release to generate some sort of emotion, please don’t stress over it. I’m surely not. As cliche as it may sound, if I am meant to be back in a wrestling ring on television, God will put me back there."

• Zitat

- Tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling will feature three Bound For Glory Series matches - Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles, Jay Bradley vs. Joseph Park and Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez. Tonight's show will also feature Chris Sabin vs. Manik and possibly the reveal of who's behind the #August1Warning videos.

Zitat

- The TNA live event on July 26th from Columbus, Georgia drew 1,500 fans. The live event on July 27th in Pensacola, Florida drew 1,000 fans.

Zitat

- Bully Ray worked as an agent at the weekend TNA live events. This is another cost cutting move as one less person was sent on the road to work. Jeremy Borash handled the business related work the agent usually does while Ray did the wrestling related part of the job.