Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

TMZ reports that Hulk Hogan told them at LaGuardia airport that a movie about his life is officially in the works and he already has someone in mind to play the lead role - his son Nick.

TMZ says they joked about who he would like to see play himself in a movie. Hogan seriously replied:

"It's being worked on right now, brotha."

• But, there are things I’d like to see happen in pro wrestling and I may try to make it materialize. I don’t know."

Jetzt gerade erst das Interview vom Stinger gelesen. Der letzte Satz auf die Frage "At 54, How Long He Continues To Wrestle?".. heitzt natürlich wieder die spekulationen an was er damit meinen könnte. Da sein Vertrag ja wie er sagte im Januar nächsten jahres ausläuft. Könnte er damit etwa auf ein mögliches WWE Debüt und einem damit verbundenen Match gegen The Undertaker hinweisen? Auch wenn beide nicht mehr so viel zeigen können, denke ich trotzdem das, das Match richtig gut werden würde, vorallem würden die Fans das glaub ich richtig abfeiern.

• Jetzt gerade erst das Interview vom Stinger gelesen. Der letzte Satz auf die Frage "At 54, How Long He Continues To Wrestle?".. heitzt natürlich wieder die spekulationen an was er damit meinen könnte. Da sein Vertrag ja wie er sagte im Januar nächsten jahres ausläuft. Könnte er damit etwa auf ein mögliches WWE Debüt und einem damit verbundenen Match gegen The Undertaker hinweisen? Auch wenn beide nicht mehr so viel zeigen können, denke ich trotzdem das, das Match richtig gut werden würde, vorallem würden die Fans das glaub ich richtig abfeiern.

Das mit dem "nicht mehr zeigen können" glaube ich sowieso nicht so ganz denn wie man sehen konnte war der Taker beim letzten WM topfit und frisch wie schon lang nicht mehr und der Stinger hat auch noch einige Tricks im petto, ich denke eher der einzige Grund warum diese beiden Wrestler sich in manchen Jahren so sehr zurückhalten ist genau dieses eine Abschlussmatch in dem Sie nochmal alles geben können was in Ihnen steckt. Ob dieses Abschlussmatch nun gegeneinander sein wird hoffe ich zwar sehr aber das sei mal dahingestellt, was ich damit eigentlich sagen will ist das die beiden durchaus fähig wären ein abschließendes Feuerwerk zweier Karrieren zu entfesseln, denn sonst wären die beiden schon nicht mehr aktiv am wrestlen.

"You better watch..."
    "Watch what?"
    "It!!!"

• Zitat

- The upcoming autobiography of AJ Styles, titled “Phenomenal,” is complete and is scheduled for an October publishing date. The book is now in the editing process.

Zitat

- With Eric Bischoff now in charge of TNA creative and David Lagana and Matt Conway working as writers, there's a feeling that the creative direction won't change much from what was happening with Bruce Prichard.

Zitat

- The TNA live event on August 2nd in Tyler, Texas drew 400 fans. The August 3rd show in Thibodaux, LA drew 1,200 fans.

• Zitat

- Former TNA executive Bruce Prichard is now accepting independent bookings through Bill Behrens at showbis@aol.com. Prichard can not appear as his former WWE character "Brother Love."

Zitat

- TNA Knockout SoCal Val revealed on Twitter that she will be playing a role in a film called "That Which Falls Apart." She tweeted:

"That Which Falls Apart": new short film I'm working on. Thrilled 2 be a part of the cast. More info soon! ?"

[Blockierte Grafik: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRRJXaXCcAAn9Ur.jpg]

Zitat

Back in July we noted that TNA Knockout Velvet Sky was set to appear on the August edition of ModelsMania Magazine. The magazine focuses on modeling, music, photography and lifestyle. You can view the cover below:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/561526_697136886966746_2010134669_n.jpg]

Zitat

TNA star Hulk Hogan has joined Ric Flair in the 60s Club.

Born on August 11, 1953, Hogan turned 60-years-old on Sunday. Hogan acknowledged his milestone birthday on Twitter:

"Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes,it just overwhelming the love you guys have for me I'm truly humbled. Thank you,much love. HH"

• Zitat

In an interview with V2 Wrestling, Nigel McGuinness (aka Desmond Wolfe) spoke highly of Magnus' recent success in TNA.

"I’m really happy for him; he’s earned everything he’s got. I think I read that he just re-signed or something like that. One of the biggest disappointments in my career was not being able to pursue that tag team with him. I think we were just starting to get things running and doing really well, and then the whole Hepatitis thing happened and that was the end of it. But Nick, I’ve always liked him. I think he has that sort of larger-than-life personality. When he walks into a room, he’s the center of attention. That’s the sort of personality you need to really draw money and I’m hoping TNA can do that with him."

• Zitat

Lex Luger spoke briefly with WrestleZone about his thoughts on Sting, Dixie Carter and TNA.

On his relationship with TNA Hall of Famer Steve "Sting" Borden:
    "I did his induction into the TNA Hall of Fame. A friend is a friend at all times - Proverbs 17:17. I'm very thankful to have him in my life. He's a mentor, he's a friend, he's a confidant. We have a great love for each other, and I treasure that very much. He was there for me through the best of times, and the worst of times. It's hard to really put into words what his friendship means to me."

On the negative press towards Dixie Carter and TNA as a whole:
    "They worked long and hard in developing that company. It would be a shame to see it just go up in smoke, you know? I wish them the best. I really like Dixie; I got to see her again at the Hall of Fame. She really loves the business and the company, so I'd like to see them succeed for sure. I don't know Dixie well, but she's always been wonderful to me. We sat together at the Hall of Fame, and was just a first class lady."

Zitat

Following Fightmaster's series low viewership of just 398,000 viewers last week, Spike TV will be moving the show from its original Wednesday timeslot to the timeslot following IMPACT Wrestling on Thursday's starting tonight. Spike averages between 700-850,000 viewers for their primetime lineup (which IMPACT is consistently above and Bellator has been below). Spike is hoping that having TNA as a lead-in will increase Fightmaster's viewership.

• Zitat

- Velvet Sky was scheduled to work a tag team match on last night's Impact Wrestling but did not. Former tag team partner Angelina Love tweeted after the show:

"Talked to Velvet 2nite and wanna let everyone know she's fine :) she loves the fans support & concern but there's nothing to worry about! She's really sorry if she let anyone down for not being able to appear on the show tonight. Tons of love is being sent out to u all!"

• Zitat

- Jay Bradley mentioned that he will be in GQ magazine, writing on Twitter:

"Hey @IMPACTWRESTLING U should take a peak at @GQMagazine & see who gets called a #superstud ...ya ME! #boomstick"

Zitat

- Hulk Hogan mentioned on Twitter that he's 'hopeful' he will return at the next Impact Wrestling tapings in Cleveland. Hogan has been off TV for three weeks and will not be on this coming Thursday's episode.

• Zitat

Earlier this week, we reported that Spike was moving Fightmaster from Wednesdays to right after IMPACT on Thursdays following series-low viewership numbers of 398,000. The move seems to have paid off as this past Thursday's Fightmaster numbers bounced up to 595,000 viewers (second highest of the series).

• Zitat

TNA will be launching a second screen experience starting with this Thursday's Impact Wrestling broadcast. The company will have pre and post-Impact shows as well as material airing during commercials. The idea here is to do something similar to the WWE App material, only broadcasting it via Youtube. TNA was doing similar material via their Roku channel before WWE launched the App.

• Zitat

- Sam Shaw, who has not appeared on TNA Wrestling programming since June at Slammiversary, has not returned to the promotion's Louisville, Kentucky based developmental league Ohio Valley Wrestling—he was assigned there late last year after being awarded a contract through "Gut Check." According to his Twitter account, he is currently residing in Florida and appearing for various independent groups during his hiatus.