Cody Rhodes spricht über seine Maske, den IC Title uvm.

• WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes führte gestern ein Interview mit SkySports.com, um die anstehende UK Tour der WWE zu bewerben. Hier die Highlights:

Cody Rhodes über ...

... seine Schutzmaske:
    "It's funny because things in sports entertainment get misconstrued. What we do is entertainment, but what happened with me was a little bit more than that. My nose was legitimately broken, my septum was horribly deviated, but it was the most lucky break I guess I ever had. I'm definitely not afraid to take it off and I've enjoyed the few times I've gotten away with taking it off and I can see it being around for a while, but not so much a major fixture of myself. I'm trying to make it like Triple H; he's got his sledgehammer and I've got my mask."

... das best- und schlechtaussehendste WWE Live-Publikum:
    "The best-looking crowds is a tough one, but consistently the worst looking crowd that I ever see - and if I tell them that I'm not lying and trying to get under their skin, I'm just telling the truth - is Vienna, Austria. I got up close and personal at a signing with them and my God..."

... seine Meinung zum WWE Intercontinental Championship Titel:
    "I've had the opportunity to have a very open platform on how I feel about the Intercontinental title. I feel about it in the same way that a lot of fans have felt about it and I was glad that I could be honest about it. At one point it was probably the most revered title in the WWE and it was in the hands of some of the most revered Superstars and talents. Without getting too specific, somewhere in the last five or seven years it kind of got lost. That was why I decided to bring back the classic look of the title because there is also a classic feel that comes with it. That's the type of Intercontinental Champion I wanted to be…It should say a lot to be Intercontinental Champion. Today it seems like the Money in the Bank Briefcase means something, but I kinda wanted to trump that with something that used to be that way. That's how I feel and it's on a definite upswing."

Quelle: Sky Sports

• Schön, dass er so denkt. Wird mir immer sympathischer. Wenn jeder so über den IC Titel denken würde, dann könnte der Titel erneut sehr wichtig werden. Den gleichen Stellenwert wie früher wird der Titel auf keinen Fall erreichen können, aber er gehört dennoch einfach direkt unter die beiden World Title - und genau von diesem Bild hat man in den letzten Jahren nur sehr wenig gesehen.