Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- WWE has been served in the lawsuit brought against them by Figures Toy Company. The suit alleges that WWE illegally severed their licensing deal to produce and sell replica championship belts in order to cut a new deal with a manufacturer in China and cut Figures out of the very product they came to WWE to create. WWE has until September 24th to respond to the lawsuit.

Zitat

- John Laurinaitis appeared at the WWE live event in Hidalgo, Texas on Saturday night in the authority figure role that Brad Maddox has been doing lately.

Zitat

- WWE Studios are working a sequel to The Call.

• Zitat

- The New York Daily news ranked the Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena main event of WWE's TLC pay-per-view as one of the best sports moments in the first year of Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

Zitat

- WWE Legend The Honky Tonk Man will be going on a farewell tour in 2014. Promoters can begin booking him now. The following comes from his Twitter:

"HTM's "2014 Farewell Tour" dates and tour booking package info is now available. Contact HTM@Honkytonkman.net or Steve@Honkytonkman.net"

Zitat

- Matt Hardy turns 39 years old today.

Zitat

- WWE NXT officials are no longer allowing fans to record matches at live events.

Zitat

- The tag team of Hunico and Camacho was back in action at this weekend's WWE live events, losing to Tensai and Brodus Clay. Hunico has worked a few matches this summer but Camacho apparently hasn't wrestled since a set of NXT tapings in May.

• Zitat

- Dolph Ziggler will get his WWE United States Title shot against Dean Ambrose on this Friday's SmackDown.

Zitat

- Triple H, Vince and Stephanie McMahon are not scheduled for any RAW or SmackDown episodes following the November 4th episode of RAW.

• Zitat

- Booker T will be acting as special referee for the main events of all three WWE live events in the United Arab Emirates later this year. NXT stars Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn are also scheduled for the tour.

Zitat

- As noted, John Laurinaitis played the authority figure at a weekend WWE live event in Hidalgo, Texas. Apparently Laurinaitis has been doing some agent work for WWE lately.

Zitat

- Fans can tweet wwe Shop and let them know what color you think the next Cobra for Santino Marella should be.

Zitat

- Jerry Lawler defeated Matt Striker at the Wrestling Under the Stars event in Fishkill, NY over the weekend. Apparently the story of the match was that Striker wanted to give Lawler the heart punch so he could take Lawler out and replace him on WWE TV.

Zitat

- Michael Cole noted on RAW last night that Roman Reigns suffered his first pin since debuting on WWE TV in the handicap elimination match.

Zitat

- Tonight's WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings will take place from the BMO Harris Bank Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Confirmed for the tapings is Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose for the United States Title. Triple H will also be appearing.

Zitat

- The Miz vs. Randy Orton is booked to take place on this Friday's SmackDown.

Zitat

- Below is a photo of Lilian Garcia singing the National Anthem at Sunday's New York Jets NFL game. When the Jets have Lilian singing at their games, they are 8-1. Lilian told WWE.com that she would like to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl next year.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/1239038_721725644507870_2040509845_n.jpg]

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva and TNA Knockout Lisa Marie Varon (Victoria, Tara) was backstage at last night's RAW from Chicago. Here she is with Layla and Paul Heyman:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q81/s720x720/1374860_721729134507521_529870722_n.jpg]

Zitat

WWE has signed a deal with American Greetings to produce greetings cards, party favors and other similar items. The new items will hit stores in June 2014.

Zitat

- AJ Lee commented on her confrontation with Stephanie McMahon from last night's RAW, writing on Twitter:

"When Boss Lady talked about finding love then moved in close to my face, I thought that entry in my dream journal was about to come true."

Zitat

- Speaking of Stephanie McMahon, she turns 37 years old today.

Zitat

- Titus O'Neil commented on being a banged up from Monday's RAW, writing on Twitter:

"Time 2train like a #Champion A little Banged up from a Very Physical Night on wwe #Raw but Man was it worth it!!???? Change is Coming in wwe "

Zitat

- Triple H noted on Twitter that he will be interviewed by Michael Cole again this week.

• Zitat

- Steve Austin recently appeared on The MMA Hour and discussed the possibility of wrestling again.

"I tell you what, the longer and longer I wait, the more and more time goes down the road," Austin replied. "On one hand, it may be fun to do, but on the other hand, what's on the other side of that? It took me three years to get the business out of my system. Withdrawal would be a good way to put it. I got through those three years, and hell, it's been eleven years since I've been in the ring."

"I know a lot of fans want to see that," Austin admitted. "But what if it's not what it could have been or should have been? I don't want to go out there and do 90% of 'Stone Cold,' that's not who and what I am. It would take three or four months of a UFC-type game to pull it off... then what next? I was there, I did it at a high level, I had a great time. I took the business to a height that it's never been before. Hopefully someday someone will come on now that I'm done and take it to an even higher level. John Cena has done a wonderful job doing what he's done. Man, I'd say the chances are pretty damn slim, to be frank about it."

Zitat

- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are featured in a new promo for WWE's campaign with Milk:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Jim Ross commented on the Rhodes family storyline, writing on Twitter:

"The reason most fans care about the Rhodes Family story on #WWERaw is because it's a PERSONAL ISSUE & there's an emotional investment."

Zitat

- Triple H describes his transition from in-ring performer to WWE's COO in this sneak peek from his new DVD and Blu-ray:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Zitat

- This Thursday's WWE NXT live event from Tampa will feature a Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Tag Team Titles with Enzo Amore & Colin Cassidy vs. Alexander Rusev & Scott Dawson vs. Corey Graves & Adrian Neville vs. The Ascension.

Zitat

- Mick Foley is currently overseas entertaining our troops on behalf of WWE. He tweeted on Tuesday:

"Time to fly..proud to be representing wwe and entertaining our troops overseas. Simple 18 hour flight."

Zitat

- Jim Ross tweeted the following about rumors on Tuesday:

"Rumor mill working OT today. I'm not looking 4 work. It's @OU_Football season & I'm going to enjoy it. Working in wrestling not an option."

Zitat

- Tuesday marked Curtis Axel's 100th day as WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Zitat

- WWE NXT Diva Emma says she's ready for WWE's main roster. She tweeted:

"One day soon, fans all over the world will be #EMMAing rather than #Fandangoing... #EMMAlution is inevitable! #RAW #WWE #NXT"

Zitat

- After CM Punk defeated Curtis Axel in the dark main event of Monday's RAW in Chicago, a fan threw Punk a Chicago White Sox hoodie but he frowned, shook his head and threw it back. Another fan threw Punk Jonathan Towes' Blackhawks jersey and he kept it.

Zitat

- Ryback will miss this weekend's WWE live events because he will be in Mumbai promoting the WWE 2K14 video game.

Zitat

- WWE NXT revealed their first-ever Power Rankings this week:

1. Paige
    2. Corey Graves & Adrian Neville
    3. Bo Dallas
    4. Sami Zayn
    5. Scott Dawson & Alexander Rusev

Zitat

- OVW wrestler Michael Hayes acted as one of the security guards on Monday's RAW.

Zitat

- It was announced before last night's WWE TV tapings in Milwaukee that Daniel Bryan would not be appearing.

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus wrote on Monday that she's officially overdue. She should be giving birth to baby Maximus any day now.

Zitat

- WWE NXT Diva Charlotte is featured in the latest episode of "Ask DeFranco's Gym" on YouTube:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Kelly Kelly has been filming a movie called Angel Investors. Here she is on set with her co-stars:

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/1231654_722288151118286_734268645_n.jpg]

Zitat

- WWE NXT star Xavier Woods was pulled from a NXT autograph signing this past weekend due to injury. No word yet on what he's suffering from.

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Maryse is featured in the October issue of Canada's SUMMUM magazine. She tweeted some teaser photos from the cover shoot:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Maryse-shoot-1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Maryse-shoot-2.jpg]

• Zitat

As noted earlier, WWE reported that both CM Punk and The Miz were injured at Monday's RAW. Since then, WWE posted the following update on Punk's condition:

"WWE.com spoke to Dr. Amann for an update on CM Punk's condition. “Fortunately, he is feeling a lot better,” Dr. Amann told WWE.com “Punk's injuries do not seem to be as severe as we initially anticipated, so we did not have to do any additional studies or imaging. It looks like it’s mostly just bumps and bruises, and we are going to keep on monitoring him. His status is day-to-day."

Zitat

- Jimmy Garvin of the Fabulous Freebirds turns 61-years-old today.

• Zitat

- CM Punk is the lone wrestler to be recognized by Sports Illustrated in its 2013 “Twitter 100″ list. The annual list, which was determined by Sports Illustrated and SI.com staffers, recognizes what they believe to be the 100 best sports-related Twitter accounts for one to follow.

Sports Illustrated sums up Punk's demeanor on the social media outlet with the following: "The seven-time WWE champion (and noted Blackhawks and Cubs fan) is a master of the Twitter mic, whether mocking spelling and grammar mistakes from Twitter trolls or tweeting photos of himself to battling singer Chris Brown (“I would like @chrisbrown fight somebody that can defend themselves. Me curb stomping that turd would be a #wrestlemania moment.”)"

Zitat

- The official WWE website has issued a poll asking fans which female WWE star they would like to see challenge Divas Champion AJ Lee for her strap. With over 5,000 votes cast, Stephanie McMahon heads the poll at 20%. As of this writing, she is trailed by Natalya, Kaitlyn and Brie Bella.

• Zitat

- Last night's episode of WWE Main Event was the 52nd show, meaning it has been on TV for one year now.

Zitat

- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here is the trailer for WWE's Money in the Bank Anthology that comes out on October 29th:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Tuesday marked AJ Lee's 100th day as WWE Divas Champion.

Zitat

- We noted before that NXT star Xavier Woods was pulled from an autograph signing last weekend because he was injured. Woods revealed on Twitter that he has a "messed up ankle."

Zitat

- WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that the "RAW 20th Anniversary Collection" box set Blu-ray has been canceled. The set will just be released on DVD, at least for Australia and North America. No word yet if it's been pulled for Europe also.

Zitat

- Ezekiel Jackson, who continues to train and rehab an injury for return to the WWE ring, posted a new photo on Twitter and says his arms are growing again but he's aiming for 24 inches:

"Who likes my new avi? I think my arms are growing again. Aiming for 24""

[Blockierte Grafik: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1377339_722790387734729_1855742700_n.jpg]

Zitat

- As noted, CM Punk and AJ Lee attended a Chicago Cubs baseball game earlier this week. Here is a photo of the two at the game:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Punk-and-AJ-at-game.jpg]

Zitat

- The Godfather is returning to the squared circle on a full-time basis. Promoters interested in booking the former WWE Intercontinental Champion can contact Joe DeFalco, at lvfuturestars@yahoo.com for information, rates and availability.

After parting ways with WWE in 2002, The Godfather changed industries; he manages the strip club Cheetah's in Las Vegas, Nevada. He apparently caught the wrestling itch again in recent years as he has been making more frequent appearances at independent events and conventions, sometimes as his other notable persona, Papa Shango.

• Zitat

- Rob Van Dam noted on Twitter that he just did new voice work for the Saints Row video game.

Zitat

- WWE posted this video of the old school SmackDown intro with current Superstars:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- We noted before that Ring of Honor wrestler QT Marshall recently worked a set of WWE NXT tapings. His contract with ROH recently expired and he has been working on a per-appearance deal with them. No word yet if WWE will be offering him a deal.

Zitat

- WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus is now more than 6 days overdue. She posted the following on Instagram:

"6 days overdue. This belly is gonna be gone any day now and I’ll be holding my baby boy any time now! #babystratus #cantwait #babyboy #bellybump"

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Trish-belly-300x300.jpg]

Zitat

- The 2013 WWE Tribute to the Troops special is scheduled to air on NBC on Saturday December 28th at 9 PM. The special will be 60 minutes, with a longer, 2-hour special airing on the USA Network at a later date.

Zitat

- There is still no word on a new season of WWE's "Saturday Morning Slam" TV show. Despite talk that the show would be returning for a second season, no new episodes have been taped and local TV affiliates have not been told anything about new episodes airing this fall.

Zitat

- The official WWE website has issued a poll asking fans which member of The Shield is most likely to become the first WWE Champion. Roman Reigns is currently leading the poll with 51% of the vote, with Dean Ambrose (35%) and Seth Rollins (14%) trailing.

Zitat

- Former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley announced on Twitter Friday afternoon that he will be attending tonight's WWE live event in Denver, Colorado.

"#Raw is in Denver tonight and Guess who's going?!? #yessir"

• Zitat

- Former WWE Tough Enough competitor Jeremiah Riggs lost to Peter Aspenwal via split decision on the preliminary card for last night's Bellator 101 MMA event.

Zitat

- After entertaining our troops overseas this past week, Mick Foley flew to Dubai to promote WWE 2K14 at the Games13 convention.

Zitat

- After being attacked by Randy Orton on last night's SmackDown, WWE's website reports that The Miz is cleared to wrestle but is suffering from soreness and discomfort in his arm and neck. They added that there is no serious damage but Miz has re-aggravated a "bunch of existing injuries."

Zitat

- John Cena tweeted a photo of his "Never Give Up" boys clothing line that hits K-Mart stores in two weeks:

"'Never Give Up' boys’ clothing line launches at @kmart in 2 weeks. Let's get excited, wwe Universe. #nevergiveup"

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Cena-clothing-line.jpg]

Zitat

- Jim Ross tweeted that it is "unlikely" he will be working next year's WrestleMania XXX pay-per-view.

Zitat

- David Otunga will be appearing at the Muscle & Fitness booth at the Mr. Olympia expo this weekend. He noted on Twitter that he will be giving a seminar on how he "built one of the greatest physiques in the history of WWE."

Zitat

- Natalya and Tyson Kidd spent the past few days at their home filming for Total Divas.

Zitat

- You may have seen Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake's "#hashtagmania" video online this past week. John Cena tweeted Fallon on Friday and asked him if they could possibly do a "#hashtagmania" video at WrestleMania XXX. Fallon replied and said he was down but Cena would have to ask Timberlake. Cena tweeted Timberlake but as of this writing, he hasn't replied yet.

Zitat

- Former WWE personality Jonathan Coachman made an appearance on the Mike & Mike program on ESPN Radio this week and discussed WWE and his career there.

Coach mentioned that he would return to WWE if the opportunity presented itself. He also touted that he had lost 30lbs since leaving the company back in 2008.

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Jillian Hall Shows Off Her New Tattoo

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jillian.jpg]

• Zitat

- Former WWE referee Wes Adams has published a new column at PWMania.com. Adams talks about about WWE's booking and comparing WWE bookers to WWE writers. Here is an excerpt from his article:

"For the WWE, obviously the buck stops with Vince McMahon. Sure he has his writers and his inner circle but let’s get real…he books what he wants. To me, booking should be done on a 40-30-30 split. Thirty percent of the booking should be determined by the fans. They’re the ones buying the tickets! They should get what they want to see! If the real world operated like professional wrestling, if I went to McDonald’s and ordered chicken nuggets, but the chef decided he knew better than me what I wanted and instead gave me a Big N Nasty (if you don’t know, look it up), I’d hop the counter, walk straight into the kitchen, and punch him right in his mealy mouth. Then maybe he would learn his lesson! If I like McDonald’s and I want to eat their food…I should get what I pay for! Thirty percent should be dictated by the workers themselves. Of course, this means they should have significant input on their match structure, finishes, and have reasonable creative input on finishes and angles. And the remaining 40 percent should be determined by the person in charge. The buck does have to stop somewhere. But this is a dying art. "

Zitat

- Former WWE Diva Maryse will be doing commentary again for the Family Wrestling Entertainment promotion at their October 12th event.

Zitat

- Goldust, Jake Roberts and Roddy Piper will be doing a Piper's Pit segment at the Northeast Wrestling Autumn Ambush event on October 5th in Torrington, CT. Piper's son Colt Toombs will also be in action.

• Zitat

- WWE Studios' "Dean Man Down" sold 107, 211 copies on DVD and 64,000 Blu-Rays, so while the film did not perform strongly in theaters, it's doing very well in home video release and may end up being a hit after the fact for the company.

Zitat

- "The Call" has already moved 400,698 DVDs in the first several weeks of its release. As we've noted, they are working on a sequel already.

Zitat

- 12 Rounds: Reloaded starring Randy Orton moved 61,226 copies on DVD as of late July (which are the most recent numbers we've received). That's way behind what Marine 3: Homefront starring Miz did in the same time period as that film moved 171,885 DVDs. Interesting to see that considering Orton is considered a far bigger star obviously.

Zitat

- While promoting WWE 2K14 in India this past week, Ryback was asked about fans chanting "Goldberg" during his matches. Ryback said:

"When I first started with WWE, I did not get that [Goldberg chants] right away. But then the WWE.com website actually posted an article - because people that run the website aren't necessarily the ones at TV - and they wrote that I channeled Bill Goldberg before my matches, which is completely false. So whatever creative genius did that... a bunch of people read that article on the .COM, and the chants started a week after because of that brilliant article that was posted."

"It's something that never bothers me, but I'm a man of my own identity and eventually the people that keep chanting it, they're going to make me a ton of money because I'm going to have to beat him eventually. We'll get him back and I'll beat him."

Zitat

- Triple H revealed in the extras of his latest DVD and Blu-ray that Mark Jindrak was originally planned to be in Evolution.

Jindrak, who now competes under the name of Marco Corleone in Mexico, filmed vignettes coming out of a helicopter with the group but he ended up being replaced by Batista. Here is a photo from the vignette:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Evolution.jpg]

Zitat

- Ken Shamrock revealed on Twitter last night that he would be open to returning to WWE.

A fan remarked to Shamrock that he would love to see him back in the organization. Shamrock responded, "@VinceMcMahon is the man who can set it up brother @WWE." The 49-year-old was then asked if he would like to return, and replied, "yes."

• Zitat

- Former WWE Women's Champion Candice Michelle turns 35-years-old today. She recently resurfaced on the wrestling scene, having appeared at two independent events since last month (as host of a show in California in August and referee nine days ago in New Jersey).

• Zitat

- WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that WWE's Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2013 Blu-ray may have been canceled. The listing for the DVD remains. This comes after the Blu-ray edition of the RAW 20th Anniversary box set was also canceled.

Zitat

- WWE NXT star Scott Dawson noted on Twitter that his knee is banged up. He added that it's not a bad injury.

Zitat

- Here are the WWE NXT Power Rankings for this week:

1. Paige
    2. Corey Graves & Adrian Neville
    3. Sami Zayn
    4. Bo Dallas
    5. The Ascension

Zitat

- The Rock is scheduled to wrap filming on Hercules around mid-November. Rock tweeted how he was looking forward to a big "cheat meal" after being on an intense diet for 172 days for the movie.

• Zitat

- WWE posted the following footage of Ryback visiting the Oberoi Mall in Mumbai, where 10,000-plus screaming fans showed up for a glimpse:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Zitat

- Likely keeping with WWE storylines, the Pro Wrestling Syndicate promotion announced on Twitter that Cody Rhodes will be working for them once his non-compete with WWE is up. PWS tweeted:

"So proud to officially announce that @codyrhodeswwe will be exclusively joining the PWS roster as soon as his 90 no compete clause expires!"

Cody also commented:

"@ProWreSyndicate Such a "Dark Horse" organization right now. An abundance of TALENT. Plus @buckneverstops wrestled me in my 1st ever match."