Shortnews Sammelthread

• Zitat

- TNA Knockouts Champion Mickie James, born August 31, 1979, is celebrating her 34th birthday today. BFG Series competitor Jeff Hardy, born August 31, 1977, is celebrating his 36th birthday today.

Zitat

Beginning with the 2013-2014 TV season that will kick off this Fall, the Nielsen company will begin counting households that don't watch TV traditionally (i.e. over the air antennas, cable, etc.) but instead stream their programming.

What this means is that the overall average number of homes that will be accounted for will be greater (an estimate at TVByTheNumbers.com suggests 1.5 million new homes) overall, so ratings are expecting to drop a little across the board, since Nielsen's system measures the percentage of homes watching specific TV programming in comparison to the amount of TVs being viewed at that time. So, WWE and TNA programming will drop a slight amount in the ratings, even though the homes don't technically receive USA Network, Spike, etc. but have been added to the base of potential homes that could be watching their programming.

• Zitat

- TNA Impact Wrestler Jay Bradley is now accepting independent pro wrestling bookings via Bill Behrens at SBIBookings.com.

Zitat

The AJ Styles promo on last week’s Impact is rumored to have been created by Styles himself according to a report by the Wrestling Observer. Styles reportedly asked for TV time to run a promo because he felt his loner character needed to explain his random babyface turn.

Zitat

- Former TNA star Brooke Hogan has officially been removed from the company website's roster page.

• Zitat

- Jeff Jarrett will be appearing at The Great Muta's Wrestle-1 event in Tokyo, Japan on October 6th. The promotion had their first show over the weekend.

• Zitat

- Hulk Hogan recently spoke to St. Louis Live and was asked about TNA's current product. He said:

"The majority of our time we stay consistent with storylines. I think we are really, really consistent with delivering the action and keeping the business in the ring as much as possible. There are certain times where you can watch a quarter hour and minute-by-minute and see where the girls are on there and doing certain things in the background, having a certain conversation. That works. We try not to go against the grain. But the majority of the time the people want the action in the ring and we try to be really consistent with that, and that's what we are trying to do."

Zitat

- TNA's 500th episode of Impact Wrestling will air on Spike TV on November 7th of this year.

• Ist eigentlich noch wem aufgefallen das auf dem Buch (oder Heft) von Lei'D Tapa ein riesen WWE Logo zu sehen ist? :D

Das Video an sich war lustig, kann einer sagen wer da alles bei war? @scotthall1303: du vielleicht? ^^ Also Jamin, Taeler, Rob und so hab ich erkennt aber wer waren denn die anderen alle? Würde mich mal interessieren. :)

• Royal : also da wären Al Snow, Jamin Olivencia, Taeler Hendrix, die Blossom Twins, Paredyse, Ryan Howe, Leid Tapa, Rob Terry, Eddie Diamond, Bodyguy, Rockstar Spud, Assassin, Jay Bradley und eine mir namentlich unbekannte blonde Dame.
    Das sind zumindest die, die mir spontan ins Auge gefallen sind :D

• Zitat

- Larry Nickel of CBS Sports 920 spoke with Hulk Hogan. Here are a few highlights from the interview:

Working with his daughter Brooke:
    "I love working with my daughter Brooke, she doesn't work with TNA anymore. She lives in Dallas, Texas now, she's getting ready to marry a Dallas Cowboys football player, so she switched gears on all of us pretty quick."

WWE's Real Americans:
    "Jack Swagger, he's a great amateur wrestler, but he's a bad guy. The other guy, he's from a foreign country, so how could you be a real American if you're a bad guy from a foreign country? I think ol' Zeb Colter's up to no good, brother."

• Zitat

WWE star Chris Jericho, who is currently on tour with his band Fozzy, spoke with Live Audio Wrestling to promote an upcoming show this Sunday in Toronto.

Jericho spoke in detail about a variety of topics, but most interesting were his comments on the likes of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Sting still being used by TNA.

Thoughts on TNA product:
    "TNA has to do something different. I think the worst move they’ve made was Hogan and Bischoff and Sting. Nothing against those guys, but we’ve seen it so many times. It’s the third go-around for those guys now in the last 15 years. There’s people out there, revolutionary people, that can take it in a different direction. They’ve gotta get some different minds and some different faces and start working from within. That’s just my opinion. I think that they’re happy doing what they’re doing. They never get any bigger, they never get any smaller. If that’s what you’re into, that’s fine, but for me, I always want to take things to the next level and take some chances. If you don’t, and you’re just doing the same thing over and over again, then it gets boring. Good luck to them. I hope they do survive."

• Zitat

In an interview with 4th and Pain, Austin Aries discussed a number of topics including what would happen if AJ Styles left TNA:

"That's news to me. I wasn't aware. I don't know if there would be a huge impact. I think one thing that both companies and every successful company has is you need to have depth. And football teams are the same way. If a guy goes down, a guy's gotta step up, and if AJ Styles will leave, really the only place that he's been, his career, where he's made his name, I think there will be guys that will step up and fill that void.

That being said, anytime you lose a guy as talented as AJ, who has a passion and a dedication for what he does, it's always gonna weaken you a little bit. But I'm pretty confident that at some point everybody's replaceable. We've seen it time and time again in wrestling. We've seen some of the biggest names jump other places and... hopefully that's all hypothetical, hopefully they could channel it out and AJ continues his amazing career at a place that he helped build and that is TNA Impact Wrestling. I know everybody would like to see him stay and compete and have a successful career there, but at the end of the day, he's got to do what's best for him and his family, and support him in that decision."